cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Srikanth-
Level: Powered On

Problem with maximum length of Input parameters which are of type Multiple and Singline.TextArea

Hi All,

I had a requirement that I need to pass a JSON string through a input property while registering the control on field. In the control manifest, I defined a input property "GroupingOptions" with type as "Mulitple". The problem came up when I'm passing json string with more than 100 characters it's truncate upto 100 characters, but as per the documentation property of type 'Mulitple' accepts upto 1,048,576 characters and I tried with SingleLine.Textarea(accepts upto 4000 characters) too, got the same result. So, I'm wondering here that am I miss something or is it a bug?

Property Definition in Control Manifest file.

<property name="GroupingOptions" display-name-key="GroupingOptions_Display_Key" description-key="GroupingOptions_Desc_Key" of-type="Mulitple" usage="input" required="false" />
Maxlength_Issue.png
Can anyone please help me here...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff HemantG
Power Apps Staff

Re: Problem with maximum length of Input parameters which are of type Multiple and Singline.TextArea

We have identified this to be a bug in the form designer and for reference it is tracked via internal ID 1485549 . 

Note that these control configurations are added to the form XML so needs some dilegence in terms of how much data should be passed/stored via control configuration. Another alternative is to have this data stored in some config entity  and get it via webAPI. Control can store it locally using setcontrol state for better performance. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Srikanth-
Level: Powered On

Re: Problem with maximum length of Input parameters which are of type Multiple and Singline.TextArea

I have noticed that maxlength attribute on input property field is fixed to 100 characters for textarea and multiple types. 
GroupedOptionsetControl_Issue.PNG

It's a bug from microsoft end, hope it will be fix in next release. The workaround will be the update of maxlength attribute from the inspector as required but it should be less than 4000 for SingleLine.TextArea and 1,048,576 for multiple types.
Maxlength_Issue_Workaround.png

Power Apps Staff HemantG
Power Apps Staff

We have identified this to be a bug in the form designer and for reference it is tracked via internal ID 1485549 . 

Note that these control configurations are added to the form XML so needs some dilegence in terms of how much data should be passed/stored via control configuration. Another alternative is to have this data stored in some config entity  and get it via webAPI. Control can store it locally using setcontrol state for better performance. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (4,539)