cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Property-set not available on canvas app

Hi all.

I´m trying to create a grid control that will work as a matrix. For now, my manifest has only one dataset, but I will add more later.

During development and test using the harness, everything works as expected, but when I add it to a canvas, I can´t use the property-set. (see images attached)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<manifest>
  <control namespace="MatrixControl" constructor="MatrixControl" version="1.3.0" display-name-key="MatrixControl" description-key="MatrixControl description" control-type="standard">    
    <data-set name="yAxisDataSet" display-name-key="yAxisDataSet_Display_Key">
      <property-set name="yAxisCode" display-name-key="yAxisCode_Display_Key" description-key="yAxisCode_Desc_Key" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="bound" required="true" />
    </data-set>    
    <resources>
      <code path="index.ts" order="1"/>      
      <css path="css/MatrixControl.css" order="1" />      
    </resources>
  </control>
</manifest>

Am I doing anything wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @LucasFigueredo , 

The property-set property is only available for Model-Driven Apps. Here is the documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/manifest-schema-reference/p...

Also more datasets  in a PCF are an issue right now for canvas apps: the components cannot be imported.

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @LucasFigueredo , 

The property-set property is only available for Model-Driven Apps. Here is the documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/manifest-schema-reference/p...

Also more datasets  in a PCF are an issue right now for canvas apps: the components cannot be imported.

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks @DianaBirkelbach .

I was indeed having problems importing this control with more datasets. Now I know it is not possible.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@LucasFigueredo  . we are constantly refreshing the canvas PCF - Check this out for properties set sample  - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/sample-controls/data-set-co...

Note that the configuration needs special treatment . 

Also multiple data-sets right now are blocked in import but we are working on it.  @DianaBirkelbach great article on multiple data sets btw 🙂 

hemant 

Highlighted

Thank you @HemantG  for pointing out the sample about dataset properties in the canvas app!  I must have missed that. It's great that is works! 🙂

I'm happy to hear that the multiple datasets for CanvasApps are on the roadmap! Really looking forward!

Thank you so much for your nice words!

Kind regards,

Diana

Highlighted

Hi @HemantG 

Thanks for your advice. Now I found the property inside the Advanced tab.

Regarding multiple datasets, do you know when it will be possible?

It is in the backlog, dates are not locked yet as we are focusing on the Teams Embedding scenarios. Majority of work is in the studio configuration experience, will try to prioritize it. Log feature req at https://aka.ms/PCFIdea 

hemant  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (10,287)