cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vamshi
Helper I
Helper I

Publish Power App as a Teams App to app source marketplace using MS partner center office store app

Hi,

We developed a application using power app and wants to publish it to app source to be available as Teams app rather than publishing as a Dynamics offer type in commercial marketplace. 

Can you please let me know, how can we publish the Power App as Teams app to App source marketplace.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
cchannon
Super User
Super User

I really hope you find an answer to this because it is exciting stuff! That said, my guess it that the official MSFT response to this would be to point out that Teams licenses do not imply PowerApps licenses and that the App Source process for purchasing a Teams app does not check for PowerApps licenses. What's more, PowerApps has a Tenancy/Org model that Teams is agnostic to, so even if they did let people buy through the Teams procurement, they would need to build some kind of a mechanism for letting people pick the right PA Org.

Cross-product solutions on App Source have always been a challenge. What you can do is sell your product on App Source for PowerApps, then have a free app for Teams that does the other half (or vice-versa) and point people to your other app in your App Source description content.

navjot_marwaha
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Vamshi, thanks for raising this. We do not currently support this but have starting evaluating this scenario for our backlog. I am interested to learn more about your scenario - let's connect via email (navjot.marwaha@microsoft.com)

As a point of reference, we recently released a deeper integration of Power Platform on Teams (https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/reshape-the-future-of-work-with-microsoft-dataverse-for-t...) and have also published 1st party Power Apps solutions on the Teams store (Use sample apps from teams store - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs)

Hi @navjot_marwaha 

Thanks for responding. This scenario will be helpful in most of the cases where power app app will be displayed in Teams store catalog as we integrate with teams channel. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,998)