cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhilashpmenon1
Frequent Visitor

Regarding Data Set Property

We can define the Data Set Property as bound in the manifest file.

But there seems to be no option to fetch value using Data Set Property.

So in order to update the value in a DataSet is webapi the only option?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Got it. Thanks a lot for the local data set suggestion.

View solution in original post

Hi @abhilashpmenon1 ,

Have you solved your problem?

If the solution @ScottDurow  and I provided above is helpful in your scenario, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify our reply as helpful.

If you have any other questions about PowerApps, please feel free to contact us in our community.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @abhilashpmenon1 

I think you are asking if you can save updated values that you get provided by the dataset column values? I so - there is no supported way to do this in PCF at the moment - so yes, the WebApi is the supported way to do this.
Hope this helps 

Thanks that answers one part of my question.

So I have a grid, in which one column is editable. On change of value in a cell, in that column, I am calling a function. I am getting the changed value. I called the web api in this function. (since framework doesnt support automatic sync).

Do I need to then call notifyOutputChanged() in this function? 

If yes then what should I write in the getOutputs() function?

Currently my value is updated in the backend. I am using dataset.resfresh to refresh the values in UI.

You don't need to call notifyOutputChanged since you are not using PCF to update the values. If you manage your dataset state locally then you wouldn't need to call refresh either. I've done this in components where I don't want to have to refresh on update.

Hi @abhilashpmenon1 ,

Do you want to update the property value within your DataSet control directly?

Is the function that you mentioned a Event Listener function?

Actually, if you use context.webAPI.updateRecord() function to update the record in your Data set control, I think it is not necessary to add the notifyOutputChanged() function in your call function.

Note: I agree with @ScottDurow 's thought almost, the  context.webAPI is currently the only option to update record in Dataset control.

When you use the context.webAPI.updateRecord() function to update the record in your Data set control, the underlying data source (e.g. CDS Entity) would be updated automatically. The dataset reference you used in your Data set control would also be refreshed/updated.

Once the dataset reference you used in your Data set control has been refreshed/updated, the updateView() function in your index.ts would be executed automatically, then your Data set control would be updated with latest data records from your underlying data source.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Got it. Thanks a lot for the local data set suggestion.

Do you want to update the property value within your DataSet control directly? Yes..Is it possible?

Is the function that you mentioned a Event Listener function? Yes..

Hi @abhilashpmenon1 ,

Have you solved your problem?

If the solution @ScottDurow  and I provided above is helpful in your scenario, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify our reply as helpful.

If you have any other questions about PowerApps, please feel free to contact us in our community.

Best regards,

Hello, 

I already did that. Now I am not seeing the option "Accept as Solution"

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (77,454)