cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Showing an integer field as a dropdown in subgrid - Model Driven Form

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to show an integer column within a subgrid as a dropdown with dynamic values based on any business logic?

Something like this:

ShalabhGupta_0-1598977551784.png

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shalabh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sadly not - the controls within the editable Grid are the standard controls.

If you want something that works like an optionset you could always create an optionset

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MVP

Hello,

Not fully confident that this is what you're looking for - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zeiO-d31TE but your scenario is close to dynamic flyout menu.

Hi @a33ik 

Thanks for your reply. Looked at the link you shared, it mostly talking about customizing a ribbon button for a subgrid/homepagegrid/form using a flyout.

My requirement is more on the data column of an editable subgrid to be shown as a dropdown instead of an integer value.

If you want to have a column you either add a field that will have that data and use OOB grids or develop own custom control to have that feature.

I would like to re purpose the auto complete control but somehow it  didn't work with sub grid columns. 

My sub grid column shown as drop down is a dynamic option set.. any ideas on how to achieve this in an easier way then to write a custom control? 

Sadly not - the controls within the editable Grid are the standard controls.

If you want something that works like an optionset you could always create an optionset

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

View solution in original post

Perfect!! this is what I was looking for. Just wanted to validate if there are no prebuilt custom controls out there which can do this.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (73,685)