Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristoffer88
Advocate I
Advocate I

Solution Checker and PCF Component with React

Hi.

We are having some issues with running the solution checker on unmanaged PCF Components with React imported as a dependency.

If i take this example and compile a solution from it, it will give 398 errors from the solution checker (mostly from the react bundle)

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerApps-Samples/tree/master/component-framework/ReactStandardControl

Are there any ways to ignore external libraries or maybe i am compiling this in a wrong way?

msbuild /t:build /restore /p:configuration=Release

8 REPLIES 8
a33ik
MVP

Hello Kristoffer,

Let me guess... The App Checker mostly barks on the usage of "top" wording?

I raised this issue with the product group but in my case, I had issues running App Checked with Html/JS WebResources. I will revisit my email box to restart the discussion.

HemantG
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thanks for reporting @Kristoffer88  I have reported the issue and we will investigate this. @a33ik please loop me in the discussion with PG. There is work pending for PCF solution checker alignment and it would be helpful context. 

Thanks,

Hemant 

lesyk
Microsoft
Microsoft

Today, I have had a call with another person who reported a very similar issue. In that specific case, the root cause was that they run building of PCF in a debug mode:

npm run build

For building production version of the package you should run:

npm run build -- --buildMode production

or

msbuild /p:configuration=Release

depending on your build system.

Solution checker is designed to check "production built" packages, not "debug" ones.

Next doc updates were made:

Added: known issue for PCF by lesyk · Pull Request #2561 · MicrosoftDocs/powerapps-docs (github.com)

- Add: prod build version command by lesyk · Pull Request #2560 · MicrosoftDocs/powerapps-docs (github...

Also, issue on XRMToolbox was raised: [Feature]: Build and deployment of "Debug" version of PCF to the "Prod" environment · Issue #56 · Po...

Hi. As you can see in my opening  post, this is already build with 

The problem it seems, is that is it checking all the dependencies of my packages (react etc)

Is it possible for you to share more details:

1. Process of the build:

Did you opened terminal, navigated to your folder and just pasted:

right? Or some other acitons/programs are used?

2. May you share a list of errors that you are getting for the https://github.com/microsoft/PowerApps-Samples/tree/master/component-framework/ReactStandardControl?

3. Is it is possible to provide files/recordings that would speedup the process?

Kristoffer88
Advocate I
Advocate I

I think it has to do, with the way i am building it as a unmanaged solution.

To my understanding this is needed to include it into a existing solution and exporting that to another environment

i do this by editing this:

solution.xml

line 12+13

<!-- Solution Package Type: Unmanaged(0)/Managed(1)/Both(2)-->
<Managed>0</Managed>

and solution.cdsproj
line 19-21
  <PropertyGroup>
    <SolutionPackageType>Unmanaged</SolutionPackageType>
  </PropertyGroup>

This is to get a unmanaged component, that i can import into another solution and then exporting it as a managed for customers. Maybe there is a better practice to do this?

Here is a video of the build:

Upload and Health Check results: https://streamable.com/ar6n5e

tmp123

Hello,

Did you find a solution to the problem @Kristoffer88 ? Or anyone else?

I am also building it as a unmanaged solution (.cdsproj file edited) and I also use:

msbuild /p:configuration=Release

Thanks

Edit:

The 4 types of issues I have:

• web-avoid-window-top
  • web-remove-console
  • web-use-strict-equality-operators
  • web-use-strict-mode

But most issues seem to come from third party libraries.

RenzSanchez
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I'm currently working with PCF and I encounter the same error. Is it resolved now?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,415)