cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Support for CI/CD in Azure Devops

Hi, am I able to do build and deployment with Azure devops?  I would think there needs to be some add-in to enable build of the PCF cli.  Is there any current support for this or near future?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Support for CI/CD in Azure Devops

Build of PCF projects (pcfproj) & Solution projects can be done via msbuild. The projects are designed in a way so that all the build required dependecies are pulled from NuGet, without needing any additional tools. You can use Azure DevOps to build & pacakge controls by simply calling restore & build as different steps.

1. Restore of the project (msbuild /t:restore)

2. Build (msbuild)

You just need CLI to create/boot the components & the components can independently build via npm (for controls) & msbuild (for control & solution)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Build of PCF projects (pcfproj) & Solution projects can be done via msbuild. The projects are designed in a way so that all the build required dependecies are pulled from NuGet, without needing any additional tools. You can use Azure DevOps to build & pacakge controls by simply calling restore & build as different steps.

1. Restore of the project (msbuild /t:restore)

2. Build (msbuild)

You just need CLI to create/boot the components & the components can independently build via npm (for controls) & msbuild (for control & solution)

View solution in original post

Power Apps
Power Apps

One additional note. If you want to restore and build in one command, recent versions of msbuild support this with the /restore switch.

So, to restore and build in one command use:

msbuild /t:build /restore

or

msbuild /t:rebuild /restore

ryanspain
Frequent Visitor

My 10 cents here - I wrote a guide on building and deploying a PCF control using Azure DevOps pipelines.

I hope it helps someone coming accross this in the future!

https://ryanspain.net/posts/pcf-azure-devops-pipelines/

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Users online (6,108)