cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cakhaing
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Unable to find assembly registration configuration

I'm trying to build to a PAC solution containing a plugin project (created by 'pac plugin init') by following instructions from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/import-custom-controls#crea...

But I am getting the following error. It is looking for plugin registration configurations and I certainly did not define them. How do I define assembly registration configuration for the plugin project? 

PluginBuildError.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @cakhaing 

The build process seems to be using Solution Packager. So, folder structure needs to be in a structure acceptable for Solution Packager.

So, I had to do the below to get this working.

1. Add new node in Solution.xml for the plugin assembly

2. Create the folder structure that matches what you specified in the Solution.xml

image.png

3. Below is the xml I used.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<PluginAssembly FullName="pacplugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=086a4ebfa030abc1" PluginAssemblyId="f0d86b48-0377-4697-81a0-ee054aa16bff" CustomizationLevel="1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <IsolationMode>2</IsolationMode>
  <SourceType>0</SourceType>
  <IntroducedVersion>1.0</IntroducedVersion>
  <FileName>/PluginAssemblies/pacplugin-f0d86b48-0377-4697-81a0-ee054aa16bff/pacplugin.dll</FileName>
  <PluginTypes>
    <PluginType AssemblyQualifiedName="pacplugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=086a4ebfa030abc1" PluginTypeId="abfc98bc-f290-4f52-949b-eb37af1c992a" Name="pacplugin.Plugin1"></PluginType>
  </PluginTypes>
</PluginAssembly>

Once I did these steps I was able to build the project.

image.png

This process appears to be very clunky at the moment. Maybe it is not meant to be used for general consumption yet.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@cakhaing,

Could you share the commands or steps? so we can reproduce your issue.

Sik

Hi @cakhaing 

The build process seems to be using Solution Packager. So, folder structure needs to be in a structure acceptable for Solution Packager.

So, I had to do the below to get this working.

1. Add new node in Solution.xml for the plugin assembly

2. Create the folder structure that matches what you specified in the Solution.xml

image.png

3. Below is the xml I used.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<PluginAssembly FullName="pacplugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=086a4ebfa030abc1" PluginAssemblyId="f0d86b48-0377-4697-81a0-ee054aa16bff" CustomizationLevel="1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <IsolationMode>2</IsolationMode>
  <SourceType>0</SourceType>
  <IntroducedVersion>1.0</IntroducedVersion>
  <FileName>/PluginAssemblies/pacplugin-f0d86b48-0377-4697-81a0-ee054aa16bff/pacplugin.dll</FileName>
  <PluginTypes>
    <PluginType AssemblyQualifiedName="pacplugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=086a4ebfa030abc1" PluginTypeId="abfc98bc-f290-4f52-949b-eb37af1c992a" Name="pacplugin.Plugin1"></PluginType>
  </PluginTypes>
</PluginAssembly>

Once I did these steps I was able to build the project.

image.png

This process appears to be very clunky at the moment. Maybe it is not meant to be used for general consumption yet.

Thanks @rajyraman 

It is very helpful. I am able to build the package. 👍

Hey @rajyraman thanks for sharing what worked for you. Am trying something similar but can't get past the error even after adding the *.dll.data.xml file. Do you mind sharing what exactly did you add in solution.xml. I added a RootComponent for plugin assembly but that doesn't seem to cut it

<RootComponent type="91" id="{57080957-da9b-4002-8972-3f4635ce4e77}" schemaName="AnalogRobotSamplePlugins, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e6c447cca54a5a8f" behavior="0" />

I keep getting the same error, it seems the build task is not able to map dll file with its corresponding configuration file

C:\Users\Saphira\.nuget\packages\microsoft.powerapps.msbuild.solution\1.3.6\build\Microsoft.PowerApps.MSBuild.Solution.targets(104,5): error : Unable to find assembly registration configuration for C:\Users\Saph
ira\Developer\code\pacplugin\bin\Debug\net462\pacplugin.dll in the destination: obj\Debug\Metadata\PluginAssemblies [C:\Users\Saphira\Developer\code\pacplugin\solution\solution.cdsproj]

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,979)