Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GLMSDev
Helper II
Helper II

Update Component

Hi,

I have worked on the component and created the app. Now, when I have changed my code and used following commenad..

1. MsBuild /t:restore

2. Msbulid

it generates the zip file. Now, I already have component uploaded. first it does not ask if i want to replace the component. and second new code does not take effect. 

How do i make sure that my code is updated and running in the model driven app ?

13 REPLIES 13

Another thing to note is that if you are testing the control on Canvas, it requires the version bump as well as it requires the version change to detect that there was an update to the control.

Thanks for updating me on this. Is there any detailed link which I can follow to update the existing PCF control.

I don't think there is any exact link for the update process differences.

The quick summary is this:

1. When importing controls through a solution zip, controls that haven't had their version incremented will be skipped.  Running 'pac pcf push' will bypass this and force the control's content to be updated.

2. Canvas apps store the imported PCF controls imported so that the Canvas app developer has control over what version will be used.  Due to this, we won't update or prompt the user to update the control unless it can detect there is an update to the control based on version numbering.  

So, in general, when testing controls in Canvas, make sure to increment the control version.  But for Model it's fine (in development) to use push with the same version.

Did that story ever come about? I think this thread solved my problem, but it took the better part of a week to run down why things were not working for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Users online (61,598)