cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SirKato

Re: Updated PCF Tooling version is now available (August 2019)!

The watch was already possible if you altered the pcf-scripts a bit. Love the new push feature!

cakhaing Advocate IV
Advocate IV

When I test 'pac pcf push', I am getting the following error. My machine was installed with .NET 4.6.2

It seems the command requires .NET 4.0. Does it mean I have to install both .NET 4.6.2 and .NET 4.0? Otherwise, can you please override Framework path in executing msbuild command?

[23:1:59] [clean] Initializing...
[23:1:59] [clean] Cleaning build outputs...
[23:1:59] [clean] Succeeded
Cleaning output directory: bin\Debug\, Intermediate directory: obj\Debug\ and Solution Packager working directory: obj\Debug\
Removing log file: bin\Debug\SolutionPackager.log and generated solution package: bin\Debug\PowerAppsTools_dyco.zip
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1183,5): error MSB3644: The reference assemblies for framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for this framework version or retarget your application to a version of the framework for which you have the SDK or Targeting Pack installed. Note that assemblies will be resolved from the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and will be used in place of reference assemblies. Therefore your assembly may not be correctly targeted for the framework you intend.

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi
Thanks for reporting it. Can you provide more details while we investigate this?
a) Are you able to run msbuild on PCF control directory without errors?
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi cakhaing,

Where did you see these outputs? The snippet you pasted above was not something one would observe on command prompt during pcf push. Can you provide my specifics of repros? Thanks!

cakhaing Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I can run "msbuild" under the path where .cdsproj is located.

Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 2.25.36 PM.png

The followings are from build.log

Restore completed in 14.83 ms for C:\Tools\CustomControl\PCF-ReactDemo\PCF-ReactDemo.pcfproj.
Restore completed in 402.42 ms for C:\Tools\CustomControl\PCF-ReactDemo\obj\PowerAppsTools_dyco\PowerAppsTools_dyco.cdsproj.

> pcf-project@1.0.0 clean C:\Tools\CustomControl\PCF-ReactDemo
> pcf-scripts clean "--noColor" "--buildMode" "development" "--outDir" "C:\Tools\CustomControl\PCF-ReactDemo\out\controls" "--buildSource" "MSBuild"

[14:25:17] [clean] Initializing...
[14:25:17] [clean] Cleaning build outputs...
[14:25:17] [clean] Succeeded
Cleaning output directory: bin\Debug\, Intermediate directory: obj\Debug\ and Solution Packager working directory: obj\Debug\
Removing log file: bin\Debug\SolutionPackager.log and generated solution package: bin\Debug\PowerAppsTools_dyco.zip
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1183,5): error MSB3644: The reference assemblies for framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for this framework version or retarget your application to a version of the framework for which you have the SDK or Targeting Pack installed. Note that assemblies will be resolved from the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and will be used in place of reference assemblies. Therefore your assembly may not be correctly targeted for the framework you intend. [C:\Tools\CustomControl\PCF-ReactDemo\PCF-ReactDemo.pcfproj]

cakhaing Advocate IV
Advocate IV

If I correctly understand, 'pac pcf push' is to eliminate the creation of .cdsproj. Probably, it is an issue with reference path.

For example, I have following folder structure. Solution folder contains .cdsproj. If I run 'msbuild' command in Solution folder, it works.

Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 2.31.02 PM.png

If I run 'pac pcf push' under the parent folder, I got this error.

Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 2.25.36 PM.png

Output in build.log as following.

Restore completed in 14.83 ms for C:\Tools\CustomControl\PCF-ReactDemo\PCF-ReactDemo.pcfproj.
Restore completed in 402.42 ms for C:\Tools\CustomControl\PCF-ReactDemo\obj\PowerAppsTools_dyco\PowerAppsTools_dyco.cdsproj.

> pcf-project@1.0.0 clean C:\Tools\CustomControl\PCF-ReactDemo
> pcf-scripts clean "--noColor" "--buildMode" "development" "--outDir" "C:\Tools\CustomControl\PCF-ReactDemo\out\controls" "--buildSource" "MSBuild"

[14:25:17] [clean] Initializing...
[14:25:17] [clean] Cleaning build outputs...
[14:25:17] [clean] Succeeded
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1183,5): error MSB3644: The reference assemblies for framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for this framework version or retarget your application to a version of the framework for which you have the SDK or Targeting Pack installed. Note that assemblies will be resolved from the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and will be used in place of reference assemblies. Therefore your assembly may not be correctly targeted for the framework you intend. [C:\Tools\CustomControl\PCF-ReactDemo\PCF-ReactDemo.pcfproj]

My .NETFramework folder under Reference Assemblies looks like this. (only v4.6.2 is existed)

Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 2.34.30 PM.png

If I create a new folder named 'v.4.0' and copy assemblies from v4.6.2, 'pac pcf push' works.

Microsoft
Microsoft

Are you running on Windows 10?
Can you please also review the pre-reqs for powerapps CLI & let us know the configuration that you have?
a) OS version
b) DotNet core version
c) VS 2017/VS 2019 /VS edition.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/get-powerapps-cli
cakhaing Advocate IV
Advocate IV

@devendramsft wrote:
Are you running on Windows 10?
Can you please also review the pre-reqs for powerapps CLI & let us know the configuration that you have?
a) OS version
b) DotNet core version
c) VS 2017/VS 2019 /VS edition.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/get-powerapps-cli

a) Windows 10 Pro

b) .NET Framework 4.6.2

c) VS Code for development and VS Build Tools 2019 for build

I can create, and build PCF projects. Watch mode works fine, but not 'pac pcf push'.

I have posted more details at https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-component-framework/Updated-PCF-Tooling-version-is-now...

Microsoft
Microsoft

We will try this repro.
Couple of observations & steps that you can try.
a) cdsproj needs to move out of control project. Meaning the directory containing cdsproj & the directory containing pcfproj, should be next to each other, not nested. We need to see if you are hitting the cyclic reference issue.
b) after you fix a), make sure you fix you open cdsproj & fix project reference path of pcfproj as well.
c) run msbuild clean on both directories.
d) manually delete obj folder under pcf directory.
e) run msbuild /t:restore
f) run msbuild
g) after step f, has no errors, run pac pcf push
Microsoft
Microsoft

@SirKato wrote:

The watch was already possible if you altered the pcf-scripts a bit. Love the new push feature!

npm start watch provides additional capabilities in that files like ControlManifest.Input.xml as well as resource files registered in ControlManifest.Input.xml are watched.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Users online (5,973)