cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erg3ytos

Using WordPress authentication for a canvas app

Is it possible to use WordPress user authentication to access a Canvas Power App? I am developing a WP site and want to offer my customers a canvas app experience that uses their existing credentials for the duration of the time they have access to the WordPress site. I know Portals are designed for this, but Portals are far to pricey for my use case.

1 REPLY 1
HemantG
Power Apps
Power Apps

External authentication is NOT supported for canvas app access and only portals apps can do so. 

When you embed the canvas apps inside your portal keep the following points in mind for authenticating users of your app:

• If your website uses Azure Active Directory (AAD) based authentication, no additional sign-in is required.
  • If your website uses any other sign-in mechanism or is not authenticated, your users see a sign-in prompt on the iframe. After they sign-in, they will be able to run the app as long as the author of the app has shared it with them.

hemant 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (999)