cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobDp3
Frequent Visitor

What are advantages to build an app IN a Solution

I've seen examples of people building apps IN a solution (vs adding later when I want to transport).  What would be the advantages or best practices of doing this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobDp3 ,

They will be different if you want to call flow in canvas.

The canvas in the solution can only use the flow in the solution which has powerapps trigger.

In addition, If you want to use environment variables of datasource type in canvas, you should create your canvas in solution . Because you cannot do that outside the solution.

If you have decided to migrate a complicated canvas to another environment, then I recommend that you create it directly in the solution instead of creating it outside. 

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobDp3 ,

They will be different if you want to call flow in canvas.

The canvas in the solution can only use the flow in the solution which has powerapps trigger.

In addition, If you want to use environment variables of datasource type in canvas, you should create your canvas in solution . Because you cannot do that outside the solution.

If you have decided to migrate a complicated canvas to another environment, then I recommend that you create it directly in the solution instead of creating it outside. 

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,107)