cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What does CC_ means inside a PCF propery ?

Hi,

I am new in using PCF and i need the possibility to create a Two Option to be inserted in input by client when configure a PCF.

For example: 

I have a table and if the user want to sort it by columns then he should select 'Yes' in a two option property present on PCF.

I have used this code here:

<property name="EnableFiltering" display-name-key="CC_Allow_Filtering" description-key="CC_Allow_Filtering_Desc" usage="input" of-type="Enum" required="false" default-value="no">
<value name="Yes" display-name-key="CC_Enable_Filtering" description-key="CC_Enable_Filtering_Desc">yes</value>
<value name="No" display-name-key="CC_Disable_Filtering" description-key="CC_Disable_Filtering_Desc" default="true">no</value>
</property>

Found it in another answer about pcf and it works, now I am able to select the property:

sorting field.PNG

And modify it like this:

sorting pop up.PNG

But what I don't understant is, from where all this labels are comming ?

For example : 'Allow the user to filer data by any column from current view' was not specified anywhere in my code... I think that regards the 'CC_' that stay in front of all words.

Can anyone explain me how this labels are populated and how to modify them. Or what CC means ?

Thank you.

Best regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: What does CC_ means inside a PCF propery ?

Hi @EduardAndreiC 

I think that CC_ prefix is just a label for "Custom Control", and there isn't anything unique about it.

display-name-key and description-key are just used as keys to find the actual text strings to use in the .resx file for the user's language, and if the key isn't found in the resx file, then the raw string is used instead.

An example of this localization happening for control and property can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/sample-controls/localizatio...

Does your control have a resx file where the "Allow filtering" string is coming from?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: What does CC_ means inside a PCF propery ?

Hi @jopursle ,

I don't have any resx file included in my project, this is a sample of my manifest

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<manifest>
    <control namespace="myDataSetName" constructor="KanbanBoard" version="1.1.7" display-name-key="myDataSetName" description-key="myDataSetName" preview-image="assets/img/logo.png" control-type="standard">

<data-set name="myDataSetName" display-name-key="myDataSetName" cds-data-set-options="displayCommandBar:true;displayViewSelector:true;displayQuickFindSearch:true">
            <property-set name="title" display-name-key="Title" description-key="Description" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="bound" required="true" />
            <property-set name="date" display-name-key="Date and Time" description-key="Date Time field" of-type="DateAndTime.DateAndTime" usage="bound" required="false" />
        </data-set>

<property name="EnableFiltering" display-name-key="CC_Allow_Filtering" description-key="CC_Allow_Filtering_Desc" usage="input" of-type="Enum" required="false" default-value="no">
            <value name="Yes" display-name-key="CC_Enable_Filtering" description-key="CC_Enable_Filtering_Desc">yes</value>
            <value name="No" display-name-key="CC_Disable_Filtering" description-key="CC_Disable_Filtering_Desc" default="true">no</value>
        </property>

<resources>
            <css path="second.css" order="1"/>
            <css path="main.css" order="2"/>
            <code path="index.ts" order="1"/>
        </resources>
    </control>
</manifest>

Thank you for your response, but i think the cause is another one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (6,010)