cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

addColumn of related entity

Hi All

I'm trying to add a column of a related entity. In this instance from a custom entity to the systemuser to retrieve the 'entityimage_url' field. I can achieve it by adding a linked entity and then the addColumn method, but this creates an outer join filter that causes problems when I try to filter the control. Is it possible to just add the column? I can already retrieve other columns from the systemuser table because the relationship exists, just not this column.

Thanks for any help on this!

1 REPLY 1
Helper I
Helper I

Just to tease out my problem a bit more...

If I use the following code:

const userLink = {
                name: "systemuser",
                to: "a1a_assigneduser",
                linkType: "outer",
                alias: "assigneduser",
            };

context.parameters.workflowDataSet.linking.addLinkedEntity(userLink);
            context.parameters.workflowDataSet.addColumn("entityimage_url", "assigneduser");

The column is added successfully, but the following filter is added that stuffs up filtering:

skoofy5_0-1607392242843.png

My workaround is to add a dummy column from the related systemuser table, retrieve its alias and then use that to add my column like this:

const linkedEnts = context.parameters.workflowDataSet.linking.getLinkedEntities();
            const systemuserTable = linkedEnts.find(x => x.name === "systemuser")
            context.parameters.workflowDataSet.addColumn("entityimage_url", systemuserTable?.alias);

I have to do this because the alias isn't 'systemuser', but some random guid that changes on deployment - it would be great if it wasn't. This workaround creates a bug when filtering - when I expect 5 records to be returned the totalresultcount will be accurate, but it will return a full 'page' of data regardless. In my instance that's 50 records as seen below.
skoofy5_0-1607399886542.jpeg

Anyone have a better solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (37,325)