cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khuys

cases are not visible between users with different owner account in dynamics 365

A good morning

My account is on a higher lever then other user

I have 4 users : same level (team) en they sea each other cases (same security roles)

When I(I have a ligher level or team) make a case with an account that one of them made : then we all see the case

now I have a new user: same level (team) als the above for users (same security roles)

When I make a case with an account that one of the 4 users made: then they all see the case except the new user

When I make a case with an account the new user made : then the new user sees that case but not the other 4 users

I double checked the security roles and I don't find any anomolies

has anybody have a solution

Kindest regards

Koen Huys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cchannon
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Team membership is a secondary property of security determination. As a general rule (and I know I will probably get a few contradictory replies to this statement - I am just making a simple generality here!), team membership only matters if the team owns the record.

I am guessing your records are all owned by the individuals themselves and not the team. I am also guessing the team does not have a security role. Assuming both of those guesses are correct, I can tell you with 99.9% certainty that your "new user" is in a different business unit from the existing users.

Move that new user to the same business unit as the others and they should be able to see the same things as their peers.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cchannon
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Team membership is a secondary property of security determination. As a general rule (and I know I will probably get a few contradictory replies to this statement - I am just making a simple generality here!), team membership only matters if the team owns the record.

I am guessing your records are all owned by the individuals themselves and not the team. I am also guessing the team does not have a security role. Assuming both of those guesses are correct, I can tell you with 99.9% certainty that your "new user" is in a different business unit from the existing users.

Move that new user to the same business unit as the others and they should be able to see the same things as their peers.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Users online (66,492)