cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

custom control not rendering

Hello, our Dynamics 365 currently doesn't have the Unified Interface enabled.  I made a simple control that doesn't render after I upload the control, is there anything specific that would prevent any custom control from rendering?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi jbarber, 

PCF controls are only enabled in Unified Interface.   

Can you try creating a sample Unified Interface app to confirm the control is rendering correctly there?  

Todd

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi jbarber,

Have you tried to run your control in the local harness?  You can run 'npm start' from your PCF project to verify if the control can be instantiated and rendered correctly.  Doing this will at least rule out any potential coding issues.

Thanks,

Alex

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the local harness works fine.  But once I edit the form and switch to my control, it doesn't render what I did. 

Highlighted

Hi jbarber, 

PCF controls are only enabled in Unified Interface.   

Can you try creating a sample Unified Interface app to confirm the control is rendering correctly there?  

Todd

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ToddTrotter,

How do I do that?  I just found out about web.powerapps.com, but this is my first try.  We are also going to switch our environment over to Unified Interface, but we can't just do yet because our application is used and we're evaluating possibilies.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (9,588)