cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

custom control not rendering

Hello, our Dynamics 365 currently doesn't have the Unified Interface enabled.  I made a simple control that doesn't render after I upload the control, is there anything specific that would prevent any custom control from rendering?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi jbarber, 

PCF controls are only enabled in Unified Interface.   

Can you try creating a sample Unified Interface app to confirm the control is rendering correctly there?  

Todd

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
alchin
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi jbarber,

Have you tried to run your control in the local harness?  You can run 'npm start' from your PCF project to verify if the control can be instantiated and rendered correctly.  Doing this will at least rule out any potential coding issues.

Thanks,

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the local harness works fine.  But once I edit the form and switch to my control, it doesn't render what I did. 

Hi jbarber, 

PCF controls are only enabled in Unified Interface.   

Can you try creating a sample Unified Interface app to confirm the control is rendering correctly there?  

Todd

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ToddTrotter,

How do I do that?  I just found out about web.powerapps.com, but this is my first try.  We are also going to switch our environment over to Unified Interface, but we can't just do yet because our application is used and we're evaluating possibilies.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (55,948)