cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raymartinez

how to rollback PCF to previous version?

How do you rollback/downgrade to a previous version of a PCF control used in a Canvas App? I have a managed solution which was deployed which includes the PCF. The PCF was successfully upgraded to a newer version in the app after I imported in a new solution package. Now I need the app to revert back to the previous version of the PCF. How do I do this?

I've tired re-importing the previous solution package, deleting and re-importing the package but the app retains the newer version of the component. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @raymartinez , 

Try to increment the PCF version inside the manifest.xml (make it higher than the newest version), and repack the Solution zip , then you import it again.

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @raymartinez , 

Try to increment the PCF version inside the manifest.xml (make it higher than the newest version), and repack the Solution zip , then you import it again.

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
raymartinez

Great, thank you @DianaBirkelbach , that did the trick!!

It would be good if there was a more native rollback feature built into the platform.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (3,329)