Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajyendra24
Frequent Visitor

imported PCF solution error

Hi Experts,

Whenever I imported PCF solution I got this error:

An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics 365 Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support. : Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.ImportCustomControlException: CustomControl with name d365crnr.DataRangeControl failed to import with error: Webresource content size is too big. ---> Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Webresource content size is too big.

Anyone face this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
rajyraman
MVP

I have seen this error happen if the webresource size is greater than 5MB. I usually minify my scripts and try to get it under the limit. I don't know whether there is a way to increase this limit.

At this time there is no way to increase the 5MB limit.  It is possible to build the control in Release mode that will minify the JavaScript file for you.

As part of the MSBuild pass in the parameter '/p:configuration=release' or if you are using VS2017/2019, set the configuration to Release.

May be too late to reply. But it seems that it is possible to reduce the bundle.js file size by using following command when you build custom control

msbuild /p:pcfbuildmode=production

This will tell webpack to build js in production mode. Also it generates unmanaged solution which you can import on your dev environment.

Thank you

I feel like i ran into this issue early on and fixed it by upping the value for "File size limit for attachments" which also affects the size of WebResources and annotations.

--Rick

AdvancedSettings.pngAdmin.pngSystemSettigns.pngEmailSettings.png

This helped...! thanks

DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

In case FluentUI is used, usually the reason for a big bundle size (even minimized) is importing the whole library instead of taking only the needed components. In that case, maybe my blog can help to keep a small bundle size: https://dianabirkelbach.wordpress.com/2020/07/27/fluentui-granular-imports/

Kind regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,893)