cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malkhawaja
Advocate II
Advocate II

initial feedback on the new ISV License management in Partner Center and AppSource

Hi,

As I am really excited for this new functionality, I went on to try it and implement it into my solution, but before continuing and publishing in AppSource, after I added the License metadata into my solution I went and installed it directly into a trial environment in a trial tenant, which still did not get the licenses, so when finished installation I tried to open the app, and it opened normally, without showing any "missing license error"!

so is this a known issue? is it expected?

I will go through the rest of the process and publish to AppSource, and test installing from AppSource and will give you my feedback then.

thanks,

Mohammad

12 REPLIES 12

Which admin portal are you using in the customer tenant? You should be in the O365 admin portal, using a native Global Admin account.  Currently, Delegated Admin account will not see them.  The licenses should show up immediately (no caching delay when you add the licenses to the tenant).

@Captjoemcd I am in the O365 admin portal, using a native Global Admin account... I am not using delegated admin!

malkhawaja
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,
Some wild idea (or may be not that wild!!) came to my mind, once the customer installs my app from AppSource, so basically now they have all the solutions and components behind my app, well what if they go on and create a replica of my app from my app's components and start using it?!! I think, the License enforcement won't work on the replica, right? what should we do in that case?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,361)