cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenniferK
Advocate II
Advocate II

pac, cannot resolve aad/oauth authority

Just learning how to create PCFs. I'm following the tutorial here: Exercise - Use the Power Apps CLI - Learn | Microsoft Docs

I tried to use pac auth create and got the following error:

PS C:\mycode> pac auth create --name Lab --url https://xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx.crm3.dynamics.com/  -un me@example.com  -p password123
Microsoft PowerPlatform CLI
Version: 1.14.2+g7205df7

Error: Cannot resolve AAD/OAuth authority for https://xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx.crm3.dynamics.com/api/data/v9

My tenant likely has all sorts of security that I'm not aware of. Is there an obvious solution to the above issue? If not, what questions do I need to ask my sysadmin?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It did get sorted. The application had to be white-listed for the proxy server. I don't know if this will apply to any other situations because network set-up and security where I'm at is very specific. But at least it's something to check.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @JenniferK , 

Try to specify only the "--name" and "--url" parameters

pac auth create -n Lab -u "https:xxxx...."

You will get a signIn dialog, where you can provide the needed informations.

Maybe it will work better that way.

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Sadly, leaving out the username and password gives the same error.

Are you sure you have the URL right? Have you tried just opening that same URL in a browser?

url is correct in browser.

JenniferK
Advocate II
Advocate II

My sysadmin has done a few tests. The issue does not appear to be firewall-related. We're thinking that it might be related to multifactor authentication.

Do you maybe have conditional access policies that limit access to AD (or to the app) based on "Approved Apps" or "App Protection Policies"?

Conditional Access - Require approved app or app protection policy - Azure Active Directory - Micros...

cchannon
Super User
Super User

@JenniferK did this issue get sorted out? What was the resolution? Please update so folks who find this post in future searches can see how it was resolved!

It did get sorted. The application had to be white-listed for the proxy server. I don't know if this will apply to any other situations because network set-up and security where I'm at is very specific. But at least it's something to check.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (6,491)