cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

pac pcf push broken?

Working over the weekend it seems that pac pcf push --force is currently broken once a PCF component has been loaded into the environment.

It works when the component is first installed but all subsequent attempts fail to update the component even though --force confirms it is successfully).

I don't know if it's relevant but running pac pcf push without the force option results in the following error message (which I think is different to before so I suspect might be related). 

Checking if the control 'hdn_hdn.DynamicOptionSet' already exists in the current org.
The control exists in the current org, loading the control's details.
Comparing the manifest in the current org to the manifest at \DynamicOptionSet\ControlManifest.xml.
The control manifests are the same.
Using incremental update.
Locating the web resources used by the 'hdn_hdn.DynamicOptionSet' control.

Error: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'System.Byte[]'.

Thanks,

Ben

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Re: pac pcf push broken?

Hi @ben-thompson 

Maybe you upgraded the "pac" CLI? My colleague had the same issue, after installing the latest version of CLI. After deleting the "Microsoft.PowerApps.CLI.1.2.6" and going back to "1.1.6" it started to work again.

Best regards,

Diana

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I don't think that's the case as I've only just updated to 1.2.6 earlier today (when it complained on the command line that an update was available).

I will investigate it further though, once I've fixed a bug that is stopping some things going out the door.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Have you found a solution for the error?

I do unfortunately have the same error.

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

It's not been something I was looking at last week.

I'll be back working on PCF components tomorrow so will find out then.

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Users online (5,797)