cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheldoncopper73
Resolver I
Resolver I

pac pcf push -f not working now

Hi , Few months ago I would have to pac pcf push -pp new -f to updated the latest code in solution but now it dosesn't seems to work.Only way that I know left is to increment the version in manifest file.Is there any other way to update the solution

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sheldoncopper73 ,

Do you mean that the "pac pcf push -pp new -f" command work well before?

Have you re-build your PCF component project before updating it to your solution?

Before updating the code to the latest in your solution, please make sure you have re-build PCF component project. In addition, the -publisher-prefix value in your push command should match the publisher prefix of your solution in which the components will be included. In other words, the -publisher-prefix value in your Push command should match the  -publisher-prefix value you defined in your pac solution init command.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/import-custom-controls#depl...

After you re-build your PCF Component Project using "npm run build" command, please run the following command:

msbuild /t:build /restore

to re-build your solution file. After that, you could consider remove the solution from your CDS Environment, then re-import the solution file into your CDS Environment manually, then check if the issue is fixed.

More details about updating an existing PCF project, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/updating-existing-controls#...

As an another solution, you could also consider another solution file based on the latest code using the following command:

pac solution init --publisher-name new_publisher_name --publisher-prefix new_prefix_value

Also please make sure you have installed latest pac command on your side, please run the following command to install the latest version of pac command:

pac install latest

2.JPG

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @sheldoncopper73 ,

What do you mean by "it doesn't work"? Do you get an error?

There were issues with an earlier version of "pac": it seemed to upload, but it actually didn't.

The latest version "1.3.1" works though. Which version do you use?

You don't need the "-f" anymore: it does a full update anyways - unfortunately this means that I cannot upload in a few seconds anymore, it takes pretty long to have in uploaded, but it's still better than having to increment the version, build and install the new solution manually.

Best regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sheldoncopper73 ,

Do you mean that the "pac pcf push -pp new -f" command work well before?

Have you re-build your PCF component project before updating it to your solution?

Before updating the code to the latest in your solution, please make sure you have re-build PCF component project. In addition, the -publisher-prefix value in your push command should match the publisher prefix of your solution in which the components will be included. In other words, the -publisher-prefix value in your Push command should match the  -publisher-prefix value you defined in your pac solution init command.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/import-custom-controls#depl...

After you re-build your PCF Component Project using "npm run build" command, please run the following command:

msbuild /t:build /restore

to re-build your solution file. After that, you could consider remove the solution from your CDS Environment, then re-import the solution file into your CDS Environment manually, then check if the issue is fixed.

More details about updating an existing PCF project, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/updating-existing-controls#...

As an another solution, you could also consider another solution file based on the latest code using the following command:

pac solution init --publisher-name new_publisher_name --publisher-prefix new_prefix_value

Also please make sure you have installed latest pac command on your side, please run the following command to install the latest version of pac command:

pac install latest

2.JPG

Best regards, 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks for your reply will try the given steps

Hi @sheldoncopper73 ,

Have you taken a try with the solution I provided above? Is it helpful?

Please consider take a try with the solution I provided above, then check if the issue is fixed. If the solution is helpful in your scenario, please consider go ahead click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

If you have any issue with the solution, please feel free to let me know here.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,615)