cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rexkenley
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

updateView event fires 2x for every property update

I noticed that this event fires 2x for every property that gets updated. So if you have a control that has 10 properties That's 20 event fires for that update. This is detrimental to performance due to all the unnecessary renders. It should only fire once for every getOutputs return.

Or is there an architectural reason for this? I can confirm this behavior in the pcf playground, I haven't checked it in live environment.

5 REPLIES 5
ughtas
Regular Visitor

I'm seeing the same behavior... any suggestions from the crowd?

This is what I did for my component.

https://github.com/rexkenley/d365AddressBox/blob/master/AddressBox/index.ts

Essentially the equivalent function is used to block any calls if all of the internal copy of the parameters matches the current parameters. There is no need to re-render something that the component already has.

jolake
Power Apps
Power Apps

This is a known issue that only occurs in our test harness, and should not reproduce in a live environment. We are tracking the issue with an internal bug.

ughtas
Regular Visitor

Any idea when this will be fixed?  Internal bug sounds like ... 'never' too me 🙂

jolake

Are you also aware of the issue with the test harness crashing when you are returning a property value other than a string?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Users online (80,856)