In this article, we will learn how to delete a SharePoint Group using Microsoft Power Automate.
As there are no actions available to perform group operations in Microsoft Power Automate using standard SharePoint Connector, we will use SharePoint REST API to delete a group.
Step 1 - Get ID of SharePoint Group:
- Go to your SharePoint site.
- Go to SharePoint site settings (https://SiteUrl/_layouts/15/settings.aspx).
- Select Site permissions.
- Click on a group name you want to delete.
- You can find the group ID in browser URL at the end.
- Browser URL will be in above format, group ID will be an integer after "MembershipGroupId=" query string parameter.
- Copy this group ID and note it down as we will use it later while working with flow.
Step 2 - Create a flow:
- Go to Power Automate
- Click on Create from left side pane.
- Click on Instant flow.
- Give a name to your flow.
- Select Manually trigger a flow under "Choose how to trigger this flow" setting.
- Click on Create button to create our flow.
Step 3 - Delete a SharePoint Group:
- Add Send an HTTP request to SharePoint action.
- Select a SharePoint site from drop-down or manually enter the SharePoint site address.
- Select the Method as POST.
- Configure other options as given below:
- Provide the Uri for this action in below format:
- Replace <group-id> with the SharePoint Group ID we noted earlier in Step 1.
- We will add below two headers for this action:
- Provide below value for both these headers:
Finally, Save the Flow. You final flow should look like the below image:
Run the Flow. It should delete your SharePoint group successfully.
In this article, we learned how to delete a SharePoint Group using Microsoft Power Automate. We used SharePoint REST API to delete a SharePoint group.
I hope you will like this article. Give your valuable feedback & suggestions in the comments section below and share it with others.
This article is originally posted at: https://ganeshsanapblogs.wordpress.com/2020/12/02/delete-a-sharepoint-group-using-microsoft-flow-pow...