Opening an URL Using Power Automate Desktop
Automation is undoubtedly one of the most coveted skills a programmer can possess. Automation is typically used for tasks that are repetitive, boring, time-consuming, or otherwise inefficient without the use of a script.
With Power Automate Desktop, you can easily create a bot to perform different tasks.
In this Bot, we are using a URL called canarys.GreytHR.com where it will automatically login to the greytHR website, from there it explores some of the functions, and then it will log out.
The greytHR is an online HR and payroll software.
Enables quick login/logout to greytHR without having to look for account id and password.
We can save the time.
Can be used as a base to build for various scenarios.
Requirements and Inputs
- Power Automate Desktop.
- Web Browser (Microsoft Edge).
- Inputs: greytHR Login ID, greytHR Password.
Flow Diagram of the BOT:
We need to follow some steps to create and Flow the BOT.
- In Power automate desktop click on “New flow”
- Name the flow (i.e., Login_and_Logout)
- First, we need to launch the Microsoft Edge.
- Provide the Login ID and password.
- Navigate to attendance as well as for feeds
- We need to logout from greytHR.
- Close the Microsoft Edge.
Let’s Run the Flow :
- First it will open Microsoft Edge with canarys.GreytHR.com
- And then it will take Login Id and Password from the Bot
- Now it will Navigate to Feeds Section.
- After the Feeds Section It will Move to Attendance.
- After the attendance section, it will Logout from the greytHR Portal and close the browser.
We have successfully executed BOT that visits a web page, enters your username and password, and successfully sign you in, automating the whole process to a single click. I know this was a simple demonstration, but the possibilities are endless.
I hope you found this blog helpful. Please provide feedback in the comment section and feel free to ask any questions.