Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource not found for the segment issue in Power Automate/Microsoft Flow






Recently , I have come across this issue with Power Automate while I am trying to create a record using “Create a new record ” action with Common Data Service(Current environment) connector based on some trigger.


I am not doing any complex stuff, just creating a quote line record and referencing a quote record. Referencing records is as simple as using dynamic content and populating it to a lookup attribute right !!! No, its not. Let’s see.






I just run the flow with the above setup and flow run got failed with “Resource not found for the segment ‘c262238e-fc89-ea12-ba11-000d3ab615df'”




After some digging , found the cause. The new CDS ( Current environment) is the culprit. Issue is with the way of referencing attributes .It expects referenced attribute values in “Odata Id” format i.e


So here in my case, for quote lookup attribute I should give like /quotes/(Record’s Id/GUID).




After making the above change, flow has run successfully.


The interesting thing is If you use old CDS connector, you wont face this issue. But we cannot be compromised to use old one cause the new connector gives us lot of advantages. Like, option to configure multiple trigger . Read here.


If you want to know the difference between CDS vs CDS (Current environment) connectors, refer this excellent article by Sara Lagerquist (MVP)


Hope it helps. Original post is from my blog.


Had the same issue. If you want to update a custom entity, don't forget the prefix to get it up and running! 

@SandraSoniec I'm facing the same issue with a custom entity. Can you please advise how to reference it. Please provide a screenshot if possible.


Prefix: fsdyn

Custom entity name: Transport Reservation Request


Thank you!

@SkiMiquel Entities have a "display name" and "name". My custom entity has the display name "Standards" and name is "mc_standards". All my custom entities have "mc_" as prefix. You have defined your own during creation of your custom entity. You need to use the name for doing the update. Check the name of your entity in the power apps maker portal under Data > Entities > yourEntity. Then follow the instructions for updates.

I have a custom entity with singular display name "My category", plural display name "My categories" and system name "new_my_category".

When I check https://[org]  I get an error, but when I check https://[org] it shows the contents of the entity.


However, when I set the lookup for 'Category 1' in my flow to /new_my_categorys/[value from other record] the flow gives the segment error. I've tried every combination I can think of, none will work. Can anyone give a tip on how to fix this?

Meet Our Blog Authors
  • Experienced Consultant with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. Skilled in Office 365, Azure, SharePoint Online, PowerShell, Nintex, K2, SharePoint Designer workflow automation, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, PowerShell, Active Directory, Operating Systems, Networking, and JavaScript. Strong consulting professional with a Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) focused in Information Technology from Mumbai University.
  • Encodian Owner / Founder - Ex Microsoft Consulting Services - Architect / Developer - 20 years in SharePoint - PowerPlatform Fan
  • Cambridge UK Power Platform User Group Leader, Technical evangelist and speaker. Always says yes to coffee! #LetsGetCoffee
  • Passionate #Programmer #SharePoint #SPFx #Office365 #MSFlow | C-sharpCorner MVP | SharePoint StackOverflow, Github, PnP contributor
  • I am building business processes and applications that are easy for users' to stick to, so they can follow and understand them. In overall I transform processes to be more reliable and effortless. I am a proud co-organizer of SharePoint Saturday Warsaw and active community member, blogger and international speaker.