cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tyfen
Frequent Visitor

Actions have disappeared from editor

I previously was able to see all the flow actions in the "Actions" pane on the left. When I opened PA Desktop today, only the basic flow control actions are showing. When I try to use the desktop recorder, none of the steps are recognized. 

Any ideas on what is causing this? I've searched the web and this forum and can't seem to find any mention of this issue.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
matow
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi @syamknn@tyfen, and others, we've confirmed that this issue (missing actions in the Power Automate Desktop designer) can happen when PAD cannot reach a service that it depends on to verify that its action libraries have not been modified, and have published a help article with the fix - let us know if these steps work for you with the latest version of PAD:

Actions not available in Power Automate Desktop (microsoft.com)

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
matow
Power Automate
Power Automate

Are you on the latest PAD version as of December 9th (2.2.20339.22608 or higher)? Do you see this for new flows in PAD as well?

tyfen
Frequent Visitor

I am running 2.2.20339.22608 and was running the same version when I was previously able to access the other actions. I was just getting familiar with PAD previously and didn't save the flow with other actions included, so I can only confirm that I am experiencing this issue with new flows. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here, any solution. I am running latest version 2.2.20339.22608.

tyfen
Frequent Visitor

Any other suggestions to fix this?

jurajcirc
Frequent Visitor

Same here, I have the newest 2.2. version. 

jurajcirc_0-1611565265197.png

tyfen
Frequent Visitor

I have an open support case with Microsoft. They are advising that this could be caused by antivirus software that may be quarantining DLL files used for UI flows. Apparently other enterprise customers have been affected. Unfortunately there is no workable solution yet. They suggested disabling antivirus, but that is a non-starter in our hardened IT environment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is now 2.3 version of PAD. 

MichaelBoruta_0-1611656388274.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx, did it solve the problem?

tyfen
Frequent Visitor

Just upgraded to 2.3.45.21021. No luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone found a solution for this? Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not yet.... waiting for further releases..

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a way around the problem by installing an older version of Power Automate Desktop - version 2.1.43.20312.

All the actions are now available and working as expected. Obviously not an ideal solution, but it's possible that there is an issue with more recent editions of PAD that causes this rare problem to occur.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Yeah, it worked on my machines as well. Sacrificing some actions (e.g. PDF) and log shipper...

ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

This problems solves installing the lastest version of PAD

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me:
Youtube: Christian Abata
Facebook: Power Automate LA
Website Tutorials: Christian Abata
syamknn
Helper I
Helper I

Hi

I'm facing the same issue and I'm on v2.2.20339.22608. Are there any solutions for the issue? Do anyone able to find it working in the latest ver?

Where can I find the older ver (2.1.43.203120)?

Thank you,

Syam

matow
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi @syamknn@tyfen, and others, we've confirmed that this issue (missing actions in the Power Automate Desktop designer) can happen when PAD cannot reach a service that it depends on to verify that its action libraries have not been modified, and have published a help article with the fix - let us know if these steps work for you with the latest version of PAD:

Actions not available in Power Automate Desktop (microsoft.com)

tyfen
Frequent Visitor

Thanks - this confirms what weeks of troubleshooting have suggested. We are working to get these endpoints enabled and will upgrade from the November 2020 preview version once complete.

syamknn
Helper I
Helper I

HI

I downloaded the latest version today (on 3/3) and on that version, I am able to see all actions back.

syamknn_0-1614810631070.png

Thank you

Syam

SabyasachiDas

Could anyone please help me how to download the march 2021 v2.5 or share the link 

Helpful resources

Announcements

Super User of the Month | Drew Poggemann

As part of a new monthly feature in the Community, we are excited to share that Drew Poggemann is our featured Super User for the month of February 2024. If you've been in the Community for a while, we're sure Drew's name is familiar to you, as he is one of our most active contributors--he's been a Super User for five consecutive seasons!   Since authoring his first reply 5 years ago to his 514th solution authored, Drew has helped countless Community members with his insights and expertise. In addition to being a Super User, Drew is also a User Group leader and a Microsoft MVP. His contributions to our Super User sessions and to the new SUIT program are always welcome--as well as his sense of humor and fun-loving way of sharing what he knows with others.   When Drew is not solving problems and authoring solutions, he's busy overseeing the Solution Architecture team at HBS, specializing in application architecture and business solution strategy--something he's been doing for over 30 years. We are grateful for Drew and the amazing way he has used his talent and skills to help so many others in the Community. If you are part of the SUIT program, you got to hear some great tips from Drew at the first SUIT session--and we know he still has much more to share!You can find him in the Community and on LinkedIn. Thank you for all you do, Drew!

Announcing Power Apps Copilot Cookbook Gallery

We are excited to share that the all-new Copilot Cookbook Gallery for Power Apps is now available in the Power Apps Community, full of tips and tricks on how to best use Microsoft Copilot as you develop and create in Power Apps. The new Copilot Cookbook is your go-to resource when you need inspiration--or when you're stuck--and aren't sure how to best partner with Copilot while creating apps.   Whether you're looking for the best prompts or just want to know about responsible AI use, visit Copilot Cookbook for regular updates you can rely on--while also serving up some of your greatest tips and tricks for the Community. Our team will be reviewing posts using the new "Copilot Studio" label to ensure we highlight and amplify the most relevant and recent content, so you're assured of high-quality content every time you visit. If you share a post that gets featured in the curated gallery, you'll get a PM in the Community to let you know!The curated gallery is ready for you to experience now, so visit the new Copilot Cookbook for Power Apps today: Copilot Cookbook - Power Platform Community. We can't wait to see what you "cook" up!    

Celebrating a New Season of Super Users with Charles Lamanna, CVP Microsoft Business Applications

February 8 was the kickoff to the 2024 Season One Super User program for Power Platform Communities, and we are thrilled to welcome back so many returning Super Users--as well as so many brand new Super Users who started their journey last fall. Our Community Super Users are the true heroes, answering questions, providing solutions, filtering spam, and so much more. The impact they make on the Communities each day is significant, and we wanted to do something special to welcome them at our first kickoff meeting of the year.   Charles Lamanna, Microsoft CVP of Business Applications, has stressed frequently how valuable our Community is to the growth and potential of Power Platform, and we are honored to share this message from him to our 2024 Season One Super Users--as well as anyone who might be interested in joining this elite group of Community members.     If you want to know more about Super Users, check out these posts for more information today:    Power Apps: What is A Super User? - Power Platform CommunityPower Automate: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community Copilot Studio: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community Power Pages: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community

Super Users 2024 Season One is Here!

We are excited to announce the first season of our 2024 Super Users is here! Our kickoff to the new year welcomes many returning Super Users and several new faces, and it's always exciting to see the impact these incredible individuals will have on the Community in 2024! We are so grateful for the daily difference they make in the Community already and know they will keep staying engaged and excited for all that will happen this year.   How to Spot a Super User in the Community:Have you ever written a post or asked for help in the Community and had it answered by a user with the Super User icon next to their name? It means you have found the actual, real-life superheroes of the Power Platform Community! Super Users are our heroes because of the way they consistently make a difference in the Community. Our amazing Super Users help keep the Community a safe place by flagging spam and letting the Community Managers know about issues. They also make the Community a great place to find answers, because they are often the first to offer solutions and get clarity on questions. Finally, Super Users share valuable insights on ways to keep the Community growing, engaging, and looking ahead!We are honored to reveal the new badges for this season of Super Users! Congratulations to all the new and returning Super Users!     To better answer the question "What is a Super User?" please check out this article: Power Apps: What is A Super User? - Power Platform CommunityPower Automate: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community Copilot Studio: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community Power Pages: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community

Did You Attend the Microsoft Power Platform Conference in 2022 or 2023? Claim Your Badge Today!

If you were one of the thousands of people who joined us at the first #MPPC Microsoft Power Platform Conference in 2022 in Orlando--or attended the second-annual conference in Las Vegas in 2023--we are excited to honor you with a special community badge! Show your support for #MPPC Microsoft Power Platform Conference this year by claiming your badge!           Just follow this link to claim your badge for attending #MPPC in 2022 and/or 2023: MPPCBadgeRequest    Want to earn your badge for 2024? Just keep watching our News & Announcements for the latest updates on #MPPC24.

Microsoft Power Platform | 2024 Release Wave 1 Plan

Check out the latest Microsoft Power Platform release plans for 2024!   We have a whole host of exciting new features to help you be more productive, enhance delegation, run automated testing, build responsive pages, and so much more.    Click the links below to see not only our forthcoming releases, but to also try out some of the new features that have recently been released to market across:     Power Apps  Power Automate  Copilot Studio   We can’t wait to share with you all the upcoming releases that will help take your Power Platform experience to the next level!    Check out the entire Release Wave: Power Platform Complete Release Planner 

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,495)