cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tyfen
Frequent Visitor

Actions have disappeared from editor

I previously was able to see all the flow actions in the "Actions" pane on the left. When I opened PA Desktop today, only the basic flow control actions are showing. When I try to use the desktop recorder, none of the steps are recognized. 

Any ideas on what is causing this? I've searched the web and this forum and can't seem to find any mention of this issue.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
matow
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi @syamknn@tyfen, and others, we've confirmed that this issue (missing actions in the Power Automate Desktop designer) can happen when PAD cannot reach a service that it depends on to verify that its action libraries have not been modified, and have published a help article with the fix - let us know if these steps work for you with the latest version of PAD:

Actions not available in Power Automate Desktop (microsoft.com)

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
matow
Power Automate
Power Automate

Are you on the latest PAD version as of December 9th (2.2.20339.22608 or higher)? Do you see this for new flows in PAD as well?

tyfen
Frequent Visitor

I am running 2.2.20339.22608 and was running the same version when I was previously able to access the other actions. I was just getting familiar with PAD previously and didn't save the flow with other actions included, so I can only confirm that I am experiencing this issue with new flows. 

timchoikor
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, any solution. I am running latest version 2.2.20339.22608.

tyfen
Frequent Visitor

Any other suggestions to fix this?

jurajcirc
Frequent Visitor

Same here, I have the newest 2.2. version. 

jurajcirc_0-1611565265197.png

tyfen
Frequent Visitor

I have an open support case with Microsoft. They are advising that this could be caused by antivirus software that may be quarantining DLL files used for UI flows. Apparently other enterprise customers have been affected. Unfortunately there is no workable solution yet. They suggested disabling antivirus, but that is a non-starter in our hardened IT environment.

MichaelBoruta
Resolver II
Resolver II

There is now 2.3 version of PAD. 

MichaelBoruta_0-1611656388274.png

Thx, did it solve the problem?

tyfen
Frequent Visitor

Just upgraded to 2.3.45.21021. No luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone found a solution for this? Thanks!

timchoikor
Frequent Visitor

Not yet.... waiting for further releases..

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a way around the problem by installing an older version of Power Automate Desktop - version 2.1.43.20312.

All the actions are now available and working as expected. Obviously not an ideal solution, but it's possible that there is an issue with more recent editions of PAD that causes this rare problem to occur.

@Anonymous 

Yeah, it worked on my machines as well. Sacrificing some actions (e.g. PDF) and log shipper...

ChristianAbata
Community Champion
Community Champion

This problems solves installing the lastest version of PAD

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
syamknn
Helper I
Helper I

Hi

I'm facing the same issue and I'm on v2.2.20339.22608. Are there any solutions for the issue? Do anyone able to find it working in the latest ver?

Where can I find the older ver (2.1.43.203120)?

Thank you,

Syam

matow
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi @syamknn@tyfen, and others, we've confirmed that this issue (missing actions in the Power Automate Desktop designer) can happen when PAD cannot reach a service that it depends on to verify that its action libraries have not been modified, and have published a help article with the fix - let us know if these steps work for you with the latest version of PAD:

Actions not available in Power Automate Desktop (microsoft.com)

tyfen
Frequent Visitor

Thanks - this confirms what weeks of troubleshooting have suggested. We are working to get these endpoints enabled and will upgrade from the November 2020 preview version once complete.

syamknn
Helper I
Helper I

HI

I downloaded the latest version today (on 3/3) and on that version, I am able to see all actions back.

syamknn_0-1614810631070.png

Thank you

Syam

SabyasachiDas

Could anyone please help me how to download the march 2021 v2.5 or share the link 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,074)