cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattjk
Regular Visitor

Adding UI Element is successful, but doesn't add the right UI element. Probably another iframe question

The website is https://www.schwab.com/client-home

I'm trying to select as UI elements the username and password, and the tool is not allowing it, and I'd like to figure out a way to do it. Please know that I have used the "Add UI elements" operation successfully on other websites and it works just fine

This is what I'm doing that isn't working: from the UI elements right pane in PAD, click "Add UI element"

mattjk_1-1639852396534.png

when you click the button, you have the opportunity to hover your mouse over a UI element on the web page. What I'm trying to do is select the "Login ID" field, but the only thing the tool recognizes is the larger area, identified only by "iframe"

mattjk_3-1639853095163.png

So I hold down Ctrl + Left Click and choose "Login ID" then do the entire operation for "Password" and again for the button "Log in"

The tool doesn't recognize them, see the screen show below for Login, Password, and the button Log in, they show up as 

<iframe> 'schwablmslogin'

<iframe> 'schwablmslogin' 2

<iframe> 'schwablmslogin' 3

which do not work when used in a workflow step.

mattjk_4-1639853321060.png

I've tried this in Chrome as well as Edge, with the respective plug-ins added. I also know how to "Inspect" (in Edge) the element and see the HTML behind it. I could probably figure out a way to identify the element but I'm not sure how to use the tool to do it.

mattjk_5-1639853875492.png

I could use a hand here, thank you so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @mattjk 

Working with Iframe and playing with the Inspect elements requires a lot of time and effort and even then at times it causes issues. Probably if someone having worked on something similar can you help you on that.

But if you aren't able to get a solution you can use the last resort of using sendkeys.

Not the exact right way but the "Why Schwab" menu was able to be correctly identified and it was seen that the login box was two TABs after the "Why Schwab" menu and with assumption that this won't change 🤞, so the below worked out fine.

VJR_0-1639883319064.png

VJR_1-1639883403999.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @mattjk 

Working with Iframe and playing with the Inspect elements requires a lot of time and effort and even then at times it causes issues. Probably if someone having worked on something similar can you help you on that.

But if you aren't able to get a solution you can use the last resort of using sendkeys.

Not the exact right way but the "Why Schwab" menu was able to be correctly identified and it was seen that the login box was two TABs after the "Why Schwab" menu and with assumption that this won't change 🤞, so the below worked out fine.

VJR_0-1639883319064.png

VJR_1-1639883403999.png

mattjk
Regular Visitor

Ok, this is perfect. I followed your steps but they didn't work, but interestingly what happened is that the "Login ID" text field is automatically in focus, so when I simply send the key strokes for :

username{Tab}password{Tab}{Tab}{Return}

And that worked like a charm! It is a fine solution, I will accept it as the solution, and it solves my problem just fine. You crossed your fingers above with the assumption that it doesn't change, but web pages change all the time and things have to be modified. Its part of the environment.

Thank you so much again for submitting this creative solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,762)