cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dango
Regular Visitor

After updating windows to version 22H2, I can't get instance for browser on Power Automate Desktop

After updating windows to version 22H2, I can't get instance for browser on Power Automate Desktop.

Is there somebody knows the solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CKN
Helper I
Helper I

Looks like the new update to Automate has fixed it. I had the same issue but 2.26.00230.22312 works.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ThomasFonn
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Dango,

Which browser are you having issues with?

There's been some issues with the Firefox plugin as of late, and you may have to re-install it, See instruction here

Thank you for your reply.

I use Chrome. I also tried using Edge and Firefox. But it didn't work well.

When launching browser, the PAD launches the browser without problem.

But it can't create the browser instance.

When I checked the instance on the left panel which is flow variables,

the brwoser instance is still vacant despite the browser is launched.

I also reintall the browswers plugin. But the problem hasn't been solved.

And I try the same PAD process on another PC, then the PAD can create the instance when it lauches the browser.

That PC's OS is not the latest one. And I guess after updating the OS to the latest, the PAD can't create the instance for the browser.

I have the same issue. Before the 22H2 update everything worked fine with Microsoft Edge. After the update no connection can be established. Re-installed the browser extension already. Installed Chrome now, too. Same issue. Hope someone can provide a solution here.

oliverx

A click on the error message in PAD actually shows that there is an exception thrown, very similar one for Edge and Chrome:

Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.SDK.ActionException: Failed to assume control of Microsoft Edge (Communication with browser failed. Try reloading extension). ---> Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.UIAutomation.WebAutomation.Core.Browser.WebBrowserException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.UIAutomation.WebAutomation.Core.Browser.WebBrowserException' was thrown.
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.UIAutomation.WebAutomation.Core.WebExtensionsBrowser.WebExtensionsBrowserLauncher.LaunchNew(ProcessWindowStyle processWindowStyle, String initialUrl, Int32 timeout, WebPageCourseOfActionIfDialogAppearsEnum dialogHandlingMode, String dialogButtonName)
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.UIAutomation.Plugin.Edge.Edge.StartNew(ProcessWindowStyle processWindowStyle, String initialUrl, Int32 timeout, WebPageCourseOfActionIfDialogAppearsEnum dialogHandlingMode, String dialogButtonName)
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.WebAutomationActions.LaunchNewEdge(String initialUrl, String edgeTabTitle, String edgeTabUrl, String dialogButtonToPress, Int32 operation, Int32 windowState, Int32 attachMode, Boolean waitForWebPageToLoad, Int32 waitForPageToLoadTimeout, Int32 courseOfActionIfDialogAppears, Boolean clearCache, Boolean clearCookies, Int32 timeout)
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.LaunchEdgeBase.Execute(ActionContext context)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.LaunchEdgeBase.Execute(ActionContext context)
at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Robin.Engine.Execution.ActionRunner.Run(IActionStatement statement, Dictionary`2 inputArguments, Dictionary`2 outputArguments)

amarppatel

I have the same issue, with both Chrome and Edge extensions.  I have re-installed the extensions multiple times. I have restarted the computer. It started happening after the 22H2 Windows Update.  I have tried the steps on this link (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/error-failed-to-assume-control-of-microsoft-edge-chrome-fi...), but no luck.

CKN
Helper I
Helper I

Looks like the new update to Automate has fixed it. I had the same issue but 2.26.00230.22312 works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,069)