cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kelway
Advocate II
Advocate II

Allow us to keep flow variables from last execution for 'Run From Here'

I find myself regularly wishing that PAD would not clear out the flow variables each time I execute the flow. Consider debugging and wishing to use "Run From Here" on a step that would take place after a lengthy process of retrieving the data.

I noticed the eraser icon for the first time today (bottom of sceenshot) and it had me thinking it might now allow us to not erase them.. but alas it's the same as before.

Is this a feature that has been considered, or am I by chance missing a way this can already be achieved? It would save me a ton of time developing. In this case, I'm writing a flow that retrieves my shares by ticker from M1 Finance and then populates a Google Sheet with the values... I must currently rebuild that data by logging into M1 and getting the data each time I execute the flow. I'd much rather "Run from here" on the problematic step that's causing me debug pain and reference the data that is preserved. 

I'd love to see an icon next to that eraser that would persist that data for the next run... or a "Run from here with existing flow data" option. Thanks for reading

kelway_1-1632950401762.png

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @kelway 

I agree with your idea.

"Run from here with existing flow variables" is what I really want.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,305)