cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dapta

Argument 'BrowserInstance' must be 'Web browser instance'

Hi

I have an issue where PAD at random gives me this error: Argument 'BrowserInstance' must be 'Web browser instance'

It can be both after either attaching to or starting a new browser.

But for this specific issue, it's just when I open the Chrome browser, navigate to a website and then I want PAD to click a button - and it's just about 50/50 whether I get this issue or not at this point.

PAD is executing unattended on a VM, and I have been wondering if it can be caused by a lack of resources? Is this a common error?

Does anybody know why this happens at random and what I can do to bulletproof this?

5 REPLIES 5
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

Set up an on error action to reattach to the browser if an error occurs. 

Dapta

Hi @MichaelAnnis 

Thanks for your comment. I've tried that, and it usually bugs out as well, sadly.

It's hard to say, but maybe that solutions helps the error-rate up a bit from 50/50 to 40/60. None of my fail-safes has been bulletproof, as of now I'm having it close the browser, open a new instance and try the script again (which still fails).

I was hoping that there was something I've overseen in PAD - do you experience the same error commonly?

RituT

Hi, I had the similar issue while launching the New chrome browser instance and that got resolved after I have uninstalled and installed back the Microsoft power desktop extension. See if that works for you as well.

RituT_0-1647838106716.png

Jimbotron3000
Helper I
Helper I

Did you ever find a solution that works? This is happening to me constantly. Sometimes it hangs after opening the browser. With error handling set to continue on error after timeout, I then get the 'BrowserInstance must be Web browser instance' error.

ryule
Advocate II
Advocate II

Yeah I get this with IE and the Automation browser on my VM.....works just fine on my laptop....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,402)