cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attach to running excel as MHTML

Hi, I just discovered so amazing and powerful tool which is power automate.

I want to save export from SAP which comes as a spreadsheet, but saved in an MHTML extension, that opens in SAP, I was willing to attach to running excel named: export.MTHML / export / export.MHTML - Excel and nothing works I am getting the error: "No Excel document found named export.MHTML.", the file from SAP are getting saved as export.MHTML - I can save with XLS as well, but there are many issues with this file as spaces in a cell before the wanted value begins.

Can you help me out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have reached my goal but in a different way.

I made changes in flow where the file with MHTML has been opened by VBS, there I have add step that is closing window named as "export.MHTML - Excel", second step is open Excel instance with existing file - I have choosen path to file export.MHTML

Finally I'm able to manipulate the file 🙂 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

PAD has a "Rename File" command which has a "Rename Scheme" parameter which can be set to "Change Extension."  I wonder if changing the file extension AFTER download it as MHTML would solve your problem.

MichaelAnnis_0-1627909670651.png

Then you could manipulate it in Excel, save, and close.

After doing so, use the same command to change it back to MHTML.

Best of luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have reached my goal but in a different way.

I made changes in flow where the file with MHTML has been opened by VBS, there I have add step that is closing window named as "export.MHTML - Excel", second step is open Excel instance with existing file - I have choosen path to file export.MHTML

Finally I'm able to manipulate the file 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,162)