cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
accorti
Helper I
Helper I

Automate upload of Excel file to web app

I am new to Power Automate RPA, but have experience with RPA using Python (desktop and selenium). I would like to use Power Automate RPA to create a flow that uploads and excel spreadsheet to a web app everyday. The excel sheet will be updated daily and stored in the same location each time. 

I have tried using both the desktop and website flows (separately) to do this. When using the Website app, I've successfully navigated to the website and gotten to the point of upload, but when the flow gets to the point of upload, I receive an error saying it cannot find that file path (to my desktop folder). 

Can Power Automate not mix web addresses and local file path addresses? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
accorti
Helper I
Helper I

Solved: 

1. Needed to enable allow urls in the Selenium IDE extension for chrome to allow access to my local files.

2. Needed to add an extra \ as the proper escape character for the file path.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
accorti
Helper I
Helper I

Solved: 

1. Needed to enable allow urls in the Selenium IDE extension for chrome to allow access to my local files.

2. Needed to add an extra \ as the proper escape character for the file path.

View solution in original post

sagar_ap

Hello accorti, I have a need similar to yours. Would you mind sharing your code? 

accorti
Helper I
Helper I

@sagar_ap I no longer have access to the files as it was for a client of mine from a few years back. If you post your current configuration I'm sure myself and /or others on the forum could help support.

sagar_ap

Hello accorti.
Thank you for your response. 
My company has O365 and thus also power automate.

I want to open a file at 8 AM, refresh all connections and then upload the entire file to fabriq, a web platform for manufacturing. fabriq is capable of reading the KPI given in the file.

The upload usually takes place by clicking on a button which reveals a menu,

then clicking on the third item in the list,

then clicking browse and selecting the file.

How doable do you think automating this process is?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,813)