cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Button Press Failed

I'm trying to shorten my links using cutt.ly automatically. While text filling works fine, button pressing to actually shorten it does not, I keep getting the error:

Robin.Core.ActionException: Button-press failed. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Robin.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.WebAutomationRuntime.PressButtonOnWebPage(WebBrowserInstanceVariant webBrowserInstanceVariant, TextVariant cssSelectorOfButtonToPress, Boolean waitForPageToLoad, TextVariant dialogButtonToPress, WebPageCourseOfActionIfDialogAppearsEnum courseOfActionIfDialogAppears)
at Robin.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.WebAutomationActions.PressButtonOnWebPage(Variant webBrowserInstance, Variant cssSelectorOfButtonToPress, Variant dialogButtonToPress, Boolean waitForPageToLoad, Int32 courseOfActionIfDialogAppears)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Robin.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.PressButtonBase.Execute(ActionContext context)
at Robin.Runtime.Engine.ActionRunner.RunAction(String action, Dictionary`2 inputArguments, Dictionary`2 outputArguments, IActionStatement statement)

I've tried both unclicking everything except the button attribute, as well as just keeping it as is. Here's the website https://cutt.ly/ for anyone that wants to try.

Here are my UI elements:

Hana_Ali_20001_0-1625767749388.png

Hana_Ali_20001_1-1625767796785.png

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tkuehara
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Try changing your selector to button:contains(Shorten):

tkuehara_0-1625771387195.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tkuehara
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Try changing your selector to button:contains(Shorten):

tkuehara_0-1625771387195.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

How would I do that? When I click on the button in the Selector Builder, it doesn't let me type in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Figured it out. It worked!! You have no idea how much time you've just saved me!!

Glad to help, buddy!

SynergiPartners
Regular Visitor

Hi! I am having an issue with the "Press button on web page" as well. The activity works as expected; however, it doesn't think it worked. The process fails at this point after performing the action. When the button is pressed, a pop up or pop over is displayed. I've tried every option in the Advanced options section to deal with this window. The process is being performed in Google Chrome, if that helps. I've also tried "Click Link on Web Page" as well. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

SynergiPartners_0-1644854539854.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,023)