cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Button-press failed. Button click failed in Power Automate desktop

I have used Action : Press button on web page. But it is not working for MS forms

Rida_0-1607158001121.png

11 REPLIES 11
sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Anonymous, 

Are you using 2 screens while developing RPA? If yes, I noticed PowerAutomate desktop having issues picking up elements from Screen 2. Make sure you open the browser in screen 1 and try to pick element from there. Hopefully this should fix your issue. 

Thanks

JD_ReGen
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue, tried the single screen approach as suggested but still did not work. Have also tried moving mouse to image and clicking but no success here either. Any help much appreciated.

sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@JD_ReGen When you hover your mouse over the element. Are you seeing red color container around the element?

Hi @sakula1996 yes I am seeing that container , I wonder if the issue is specific to Microsoft Forms? I can click buttons on other websites such as Facebook. I have also noticed I can select two types of UI element, if I click along the bottom edge of the submit button I get type "button", if I choose the centre I get type "div", neither of these have worked. 

sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @JD_ReGen ,

• From the right side menu click on UI Elements
  • Double click on element it will open a small container
  • Again double click on that element. It should open Selector builder
  • Uncheck the Name attribute if its checked.
  • Most of the item it should fix the issue.
  • If that didn't work, pick element one more item.

Hopefully it will work 🙂

sakula1996_0-1608049736649.png

sakula1996_1-1608049905721.png

ArchitectMadhan
Post Patron
Post Patron

This issue i have faced while using the MS Forms and Power Automate Desktop for filling the form. The work around for this issue is to use the "Send Keys" {Tab}{Return} from the last control (text box or any other control). It worked for me. Please follow the steps given in the below link.

Fix for microsoft forms button click called from Power Automate Desktop

Please accept this solution, If it works for you.

Ahammad_Riyaz
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @ArchitectMadhan 

I think u can use mouse move or if image nd inside send mouse click u can use 

Thanks

Ahammad Riyaz 

ArchitectMadhan
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi @Ahammad_Riyaz ,

Trying out with mouse move is bit complicated because based on the screen size and resolution. I don't think it will work properly, more over the button click would be doing the same. May be we need to set the offset X and Y before the mouse click. So I tried with "Send Keys" and it worked. Anyways, thanks for sharing your thought.

yasunm02
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @JD_ReGen 

I ran a test on Microsoft Forms to get to your error (Object reference not set to an instance of an object).

In 'Press button on web page' action, captured a button in a form which gave me '<div> 'button-content'' as the object to click, similar to yours.

The button you're trying to click has a unique title/caption? If so, then in the Selector Builder of the element select only the option that contains Title = (title of your button), and uncheck all others, as in the example below:

yasunm02_0-1625092878371.png

Doing this I was able to click button sucessfully. Check if this solution applies to your case.😉

Worked like a charm 🙂

Thanks @ArchitectMadhan!!

Hi @shaimerc ,

Happy to hear that the workaround is working for you. 

If you find my solution helpful for resolving the issue, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (996)