cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derb
Frequent Visitor

Can I gather files, set variables in Power Automate are they passed off to PAD?

Well thank you community as you have answered so many of my questions!  What a great resource.  

This is my question... now that I am getting into more sophisticated flows... If I get files in Power Automate and set variables, are these available to Power Automate Desktop?  Or do I need to use PAD to get the files set variables etc?  What I'd like to do is create a loop in power automate flow and then put the PAD automation in the Power Automate Loop... is that possible? Or am I thinking about it wrong were all of the automation should just be in PAD... thank you much as I venture into working with Power Automate and PAD together.  

Deborah:-)

2 REPLIES 2
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Yes you can define input/output variables between cloud and desktop flows. Please see this guide: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/link-pad-flow-portal

derb
Frequent Visitor

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,491)