cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chipde

Can I log in to Power Automate Desktop via proxy?

We use a company proxy. Unfortunately, Power Automate Desktop seems to completely ignore the proxy stored in Windows. Is there a way to get PAD to use the proxy when logging in?

14 REPLIES 14
Philipp-SG
Regular Visitor

@chipde , how did you solve the problem ? did you find any workaround ?

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

There might be something wrong with your Windows proxy settings or your proxy configuration blocking requests. It works fine for me with a proxy.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/setup#prerequisites

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/ip-address-configuration

No, I haven't found a workaround. I solved the problem by not using this product. 😉

I do not believe that. The proxy does not even receive requests.

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

The your proxy configuration in Windows is the source of the problem.

Philipp-SG
Regular Visitor

update

still not working , tried today in office without VPN and its still not working.  I checked network traffic and I see the request from PAD to login and the response from proxy to authenticate. Offering three options. After this there is no more request from PAD and the error message appear . Looks for me the PAD client has a bug in the proxy authentication and get stuck.

2021-04-14_10h27_35.png

Solved 
Fiddler showed that dns cloud not be resolved for login.microsoftonline.com...
Looks like my cisco vpn client in version 4.7 didnt resolve the hostname proper after updating to cisco vpn version 4.9 dns resolution is working fine and I can also connect with my proxy (with Kerberos auth) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I see that you get error 407 proxy "authentication". This is already the proxy reply, so you are calling it but without authenticated credentials. We had the same issue and we fixed it with setting the proxy settings to the Power Automate config files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Power Automate Desktop\PAD.Console.Host.exe.config

C:\Program Files (x86)\Power Automate Desktop\PAD.Designer.Host.exe.config

This code has to be added to the PAD.Console.Host.exe.config and PAD.Designer.Host.exe.config:

<system.net>

<defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true" enabled="true">

<proxy usesystemdefault="True" proxyaddress="http://YourProxyDNS:PORT" bypassonlocal="True" />

</defaultProxy>

</system.net>

Wehre to put? Find this part of code:
(before)
<setting name="DataCollectionActiveFileDeletionInterval" serializeAs="String">
<value>00:05:00</value>
</setting>
</PAD.Console.Host.Properties.Settings>
</userSettings>
</configuration>

insert the <system.net> after the </userSettings>:
(after)
<setting name="DataCollectionActiveFileDeletionInterval" serializeAs="String">
<value>00:05:00</value>
</setting>
</PAD.Console.Host.Properties.Settings>
</userSettings>
<system.net>
<proxy usesystemdefault="True" proxyaddress="http://proxy:8080" bypassonlocal="True" />
</defaultProxy>
</system.net>
</configuration>

Philipp-SG
Regular Visitor

@Anonymous  , thanks a lot . Creating the config file and  enable use of default credentials fixed the problem .

it seem there is file named PAD.Designer.Host.exe.config, do I need to create it?

sorry, I mean there isn't file PAD.Designer.Host.exe.config

Tarcisio

Hi, I'm facing this problem as well.

Does anyone recommend any proxy I can use to bypass? 

Leon_huwe
Regular Visitor

now it works , I got proxy IP address from network team, and change 2 configuration file as previous document:

PAD.Designer.exe.config/PAD.Console.Host.exe.config, and create a new configuration file named PAD.Designer.Host.exe.config, with following content:

<system.net>
<proxy usesystemdefault="True" proxyaddress="http://[Your Company Proxy IP]:8080" bypassonlocal="True" />
</defaultProxy>
</system.net>

Hi,

first of all, thanks for the helpfull comments. It helped alot. 

The only question i have is, where did you copy the <system.net> part into the  C:\Program Files (x86)\Power Automate Desktop\PAD.Designer.exe.config ?

i cant find the /usersettings  part

PetrosF-MSFT
Microsoft
Microsoft

There are some registry entries one can use to configure Power Automate for desktop to interact with a corporate proxy server - Governance in Power Automate - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs
I hope that helps 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,702)