Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highboy
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Can anybody confirm this bug (Delete files) PAD 2.14

Hello guys

After the latest update to PAD 2.14 I have noticed a problem with "Delete Files"

I have used wildcards (*.txt) in "Delete Files" as long as I can remember, but after 2.14 it no longer works.
Giving the full filename to "Delete files" works, but not what I really wanted.

The below example does not work

Highboy_0-1635405814499.png
Next example with full filename works.

Highboy_1-1635405916149.png

Highboy_0-1635411381066.png

8 REPLIES 8
Daniel_Pa
Resolver II
Resolver II

I can't find an update, while on 2.13 - So i can't test on 2.14. But it works for me.

Alternatively, you can try to use Get files in folder with the wildcard and then use the variable as parameter in the Delete files.

I have change my flows, so I don't use wildcards anymore, would just like to know if anybody else could confirm the problem in 2.14

I believe all the file operations in  2.14 cannot handle wildcards. My file copy failed with wildcards.

NikosMoutzou
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello to all.

Issue will be fixed with the next release of Power Automate for desktop that will take place in mid-December.

Hello
mid-December?? wtf.

MS have really made us work hard to get existing scripts to work after the 2.14 update, and now you tell us that you will send out a fix, next month?

Not the kind of support that I would expect from MS.

@Highboy 

It is confirmed on my system. It does not work.

GanCW1

The workaround is the get the list of files and carry out the file operation on the individual file.

GanCW1_1-1637922135601.png

I know, but I would like MS to fix all the mess they created with 2.14.
I have made so many workarounds since the release of 2.14 to keep our scripts running.
Apperently they will relase a new version mid-december that should fix all the problems made in 2.14
I am definitely not going to be one of the first to install it this time........

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (961)