cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coffee123
Helper I
Helper I

Can't Save Flow

Title pretty much describes my situation. I have "exited"  and re-opened the app (losing every new action/changes made to the flow), restated my computer and I am still unable to save an updated flow.  If I can't change/save my flows, this software completely loses its purpose (thinking about learning python instead of relying on an unstable software like this). This happened to me a couple of weeks ago but suddenly it started saving flows, now the issue came back and I don't know how to fix it. The correlation id message I get is: 702941c2-7955-4c31-9c8d-3f93b5729fe0 (pic below). Any assistance will be appreciated.

Coffee123_0-1628948649370.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well apparently my issue had to do something with unused elements. Went to the variables section and clicked on eliminate all unused elements. After that, everything has been working OK (🤞).

Posting this here in case this helps someone out here.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If the flow checker isn't showing any errors (which is the most common reason for not being able to save) then you'll need to open a support ticket with Microsoft and supply them with the correlation id.  They can track down why the flow won't save and fix the issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Well apparently my issue had to do something with unused elements. Went to the variables section and clicked on eliminate all unused elements. After that, everything has been working OK (🤞).

Posting this here in case this helps someone out here.

I'm facing this issue but have no idea what you mean by the variables section.

This is working! but it is under UI elements.
Click the elipsis and there is a remove unused UI elements.
At first I tried to delete the cache file 
C:\Users\{name}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power Automate Desktop\msalcache.bin3
This worked for a couple hours, then Got the communication error again.
Delete the unused elements and it works. We will see for how long.
BTY, it takes a long time to save a flow, when it saves it and even longer when it does not save it.

robvic

These problems happened to me, but it was because of my network connection. Had to change between company VPN and local network sometimes.

So, for anyone experiencing this and none of the above worked, check your connection also. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,199)