Did you mean: 
bmsimp
Regular Visitor

Can't edit flow because it was created on a newer version

I'm receiving the below error message when trying to edit a flow:

2022-03-26_11-59-17.png

I've checked for updates both via the app and the Microsoft Store:

2022-03-26_11-59-26.png

This is the same machine that I created the flow on, so I'm not sure why I would be getting this error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bmsimp
Regular Visitor

I just got an app update to version 2.18.146.22083. I had negligently deleted the old version out of frustration so I can't try it again. My new version of the flow didn't break, so I guess it's fixed.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Ahammad_Riyaz
Super User
Super User

Hi @bmsimp 

Try to install version from link:-

https://powerautomate.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-automate-desktop-march-2021-updates/ 

Why you are not able to because ,

Previous you are used some actions with latest version, so it throws error try to download latest version.

Regards

Ahammad Riyaz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

bmsimp
Regular Visitor

No luck. Your link redirects me to the same one I attempted to re-download the program from directly after uninstalling from the Microsoft Store.

bmsimp
Regular Visitor

To be clear, this is very much an issue that Microsoft must correct and not one that I can work around. It is inherently a flaw that they have with those of us who run insider builds of Winows.

Ahammad_Riyaz
Super User
Super User

Hi @bmsimp ,

So did u remembered which version did u created flow.

As far I know, it was also a 2.17 version. Difficult to track for certain since Microsoft does not have a published change log for PAD

This must be incredibly frustrating. I have a few options we can try. 

1) review this video about how to “share” flows using the online cloud solutions:  https://youtu.be/Wfe7yPdGUCE

you do not have to pay for this. Try to “share the flow online and then try to save a copy when you pull it back down, and see if you can edit that copy. 

2). Can you get to the edit mode at all? And just can’t save if you make changes?  If that is the case, then you can copy the each subflow into a new flow using select all, copy, and paste on each separate subflow. 

there are other options, but let’s start with these two. Best of luck. 

Michael, my account is a personal M363 subscription, and I can't share flows.

I am unable to even open the editor.

Okay.  I’ll have to address this tomorrow when I’m at my computer. The last hope is that we can find it in the app data folder for Power Automate Desktop. There, it should hold the text files that we can copy and paste into new subflows. Although, and UIs will probably need recaptured.  If you want to poke around yourself, you are looking for the script.Robin file. Drag it into notepad and try to copy and paste the separate subflows into a new PAD. Good luck!

I havent' been able to find the script.robin address.

Have you tried right click, create a copy, from the flows page?

MichaelAnnis_0-1648574022981.png

I actually tried that as one of troubleshooting ideas while looking into this. It throws the same errors.

Here's the script.robin address. I was able to find it last night and verify that I can at least copy and paste out of it. I'm going to have to do some setup work when I get time tonight since it all starts with an export from a website so I have to redo the capture.

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power Automate Desktop\Console\Workspace\

It's a couple more folders past this, but I'd assume the ID is different for each workspace

Good job.  Glad you found it.

bmsimp
Regular Visitor

Well, I can rebuild it. Would be better if Microsoft would actually fix the issue. Sorry I won't be accepting this as a solution. It's merely a workaround until MS gets things right.

bmsimp
Regular Visitor

I just got an app update to version 2.18.146.22083. I had negligently deleted the old version out of frustration so I can't try it again. My new version of the flow didn't break, so I guess it's fixed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,694)