cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mastermc

Can't enter UI element

Now that power automate is free I figured I would play around with it. When trying to get a UI element to select, nothing will populate. It will add them to the UI element list but nothing shows in the drop down to select. Have reinstalled, different browsers with and without extensions. Nothing seems to work.Example.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Are you using the latest version 2.6.48.21069? There was/is an issue with multiple screens, try to keep browser and PAD on the same screen. When adding a new UI elements within a browser, you can see if the highlighter shows HTML elements (=captures browser elements) or not (=captures window UI elements) 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Are you using the latest version 2.6.48.21069? There was/is an issue with multiple screens, try to keep browser and PAD on the same screen. When adding a new UI elements within a browser, you can see if the highlighter shows HTML elements (=captures browser elements) or not (=captures window UI elements) 

View solution in original post

Shalu
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @Mastermc ,

We could notice that all the UI elements captured are from Window based applications.

Since you are using Web automation action's "Populate text field on webpage", the Window elements doesn't reflect here.

Please try using "Populate text field in Window" under "UI automation" action category, you can view all the Window element to choose from UI repository.

Thanks and hope it can help you. 

Shalu

---------------------------------

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark my post as a solution! to guide others

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Sorry, but NO! When he is going to automate a browser, then he should also use the browser based actions. If they don't work, then this needs to be analyzed and solved. Would expect better a problem solving from a MS employee!

Shalu
Microsoft
Microsoft

@Mastermc 

The elements captured from Firefox are considered as Window elements.

Could you please check if the Extensions are enabled. Navigate to PAD Designer -> Tools -> Browser Extension -> Firefox.
Add Microsoft Power Automate Extension. 

Close all the Firefox browser instances.

Please follow the below steps, and test if the issue occurs:

(i) Launch new Firefox with "www.google.com"

(ii) Use Populate Text field on Webpage action, click Add new UI element and capture the Search text field using the orange highlighter.

Check if the captured element is stored under Webpage controls as shown here:

Shalu_0-1616743131974.png

Mastermc

Sorry for late reply,

@fraenKwas correct it was the issue with the multi monitors. After physically disconnecting my second and third monitors it I was able to choose them under web automation. Interesting part is so long as I keep it open and have set at least one UI element, I can plug in the other two monitors and it work fine after.

@ShaluI looked into the UI automation I did see that all the ones from the web UI element previously where there. I will try using it from there, just would never had thought to look under windows UI when the elements where selected in web.

crazyboub

Thank you 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,003)