cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickR2021

Can't find a session to run a desktop flow

have a desktop flow running in unattended mode from power automate cloud; the problem is that sometimes I get the SessionNotFound error. This desktop flow runs on windows server 2019 and the connection with power automate cloud is by machine name (with the most recent version)

I would appreciate your help.

9 REPLIES 9
sheresaidon
Regular Visitor

I am also experiencing this error, it happens intermittently and seems to be transient but would still like to understand why its happening?

ApexOrigin
Advocate II
Advocate II

I just started my first flow with PAD (lots on WinAutomation), and I am getting this same error on my flow that runs every 10 mins. It's bombing about 1 in every 10 times  on average.

Anyone know?

BTJC99
Regular Visitor

I am also randomly receiving this error. Says it cannot find a target session.

AshleyPettit
Helper I
Helper I

Hey @NickR2021 ,

I also had this issue. For me I fixed it by opening power automate desktop on the machine that was running the flow. 

I think the machine had an out-of-date verison of PAD and this lead to this error. By opening the program it triggered the update to the new verison of PAD.

NestorDelAmo

Hello guys, the same thing is happening to me too, although I scaled it to Microsoft I hope to have a solution soon, I tried to update both the PAD and the Gatewey onprem to the latest version but it did not work. Until August 10 it was working for me.

Mads_S
Regular Visitor

Just chiming in, suddenly the same issue has occured for me. Also happens if i try to run an Attended desktop flow from cloud. Running with Machine Connection.

Fatwolf

I had updated to the latest version, but I also had this event.
When this happens, you can't even see the detailed log(which action failed) on  Power automate, which is very annoying.
When I contacted Microsoft about this event, they asked me to vote for this.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Power-Automate-Desktop-Run-History/idi-p/77...

However, I want this error not to happen in the first place.

srr342

srr342_0-1669275608232.png

srr342

Any one Have Solution

??

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,457)