cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roztel
Frequent Visitor

Cannot create new session to execute unattended run error

I have windows server 2019 installed physical machine that runs a few desktop flows unattended.

My flows actually runs smoothly with unattended condition but if Windows Server runs more than approximately  48 hours suddenly my flows fail to run with the error "Cannot create new session to execute unattended run."

If I re-start the server everything goes back to normal. So all my flows run unattended as expected.

After I start to get this error for my flows, sometimes a flow is able to run and sometimes is not. I mean the same flow can be failed but next time the same failed flow to be run  without any problems.

As I said, restarting machine solves this problem.

By the way; the same flows can be run attended although it is impossible to  run them unattended.

Any help appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8
belzinga
Regular Visitor

We have a similar problem but even a reboot hasn't brought things back to working. Did you ever find a root cause?

Are you still facing that issue ? If yes, could you provide the run Id as shown below ?

elaaboum_1-1648038354534.png

CurtisG
Regular Visitor

I just got this issue as well. I'm just here for the solution

belzinga
Regular Visitor

It turned out in my case, after trying all sorts of things including updating to latest version of everything and creating new everything that the fundamental issue was that my IT department put DUO login security on the machine, which of course stops unattended flows in their tracks because they can't log in.

No solution that I'm aware of. Either have to use a tool that is DUO aware or remove DUO. 

Hi @CurtisG ,

could you provide the runId (see screenshot below) :

elaaboum_0-1648738869973.png

Hi belzinga,

could you provide the run id (see my comments above on how to get it).

We do not support Multi Factor Authentication + in case an extra authentication step is required to RDP to the machine, the unattended runs are expected, currently, to fail !

Ooops. I deleted the flow.

If you got the issue again, please share the runI d here or send it to me as private message !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,849)