cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fiona_Dixon
Frequent Visitor

Change order of merged PDFs

Hi

I have created a process that eventually creates four separate PDFs and then merges them using the new Merge PDF capability released in December 2020. I have tried to change the order and have them merge the PDFs into a certain order but I can not seem to get it done even with changing the name of the files. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Fiona

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
miketran13
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi,

Please have a look at the order of the PDF files from the parameters, the first file will come into the end and the last file will come at the beginning. 

So, in my example, PDF part 4.pdf will be the last page and PDF part 1.pdf will be the first page.

merge-pdf.png

Thanks and hope it can help you. 

Mike

---------------------------------

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark my post as a solution! to guide others

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
miketran13
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi,

Please have a look at the order of the PDF files from the parameters, the first file will come into the end and the last file will come at the beginning. 

So, in my example, PDF part 4.pdf will be the last page and PDF part 1.pdf will be the first page.

merge-pdf.png

Thanks and hope it can help you. 

Mike

---------------------------------

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark my post as a solution! to guide others

TejaswiniG
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

You can also use 'Get files in folder' action to sort the list of files in folder in an Descending or ascending order based on Name/creation time/last modified time.. of the files.

TejaswiniG_1-1617172485269.png

The output variable of this action %Files%, can be passed to input field - "PDF files:" of "Merge PDF" action.

TejaswiniG_2-1617172508408.png

Also, I am wondering if you can help me with a classic problem i m facing with a logic, here is a link

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Desktop/Power-Automate-Desktop-PDF-Merge-Function...

So I have a flow that pulls hundreds of PDFs in groups, and at any given point it may be combining a group of anywhere between 2-40 files.  I have the flow naming the files in sequential order, but when I grab the filed from the folder and tell it to sort them, it sorts the numbered files ridiculously, like this:

etc.

Is there a way to make this sort easier?  The combined file becomes a useless document.  I am trying to use Acrobat Pro through a UI element click and send keys combination, but the Acrobat platform doesn't let PAD grab specific elements in a cluster, it just recognizes a single box that contains many buttons.  

Any advice?

I messed around with this issue as a practice.

It is a total pain in the arse.

What I done was write the resulting var from get files in folder (pdfs) to Excel.

Then Power Query the file names etc.

As I said it was a one off, might help ?

Screenshot 2022-04-06 174318.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,455)