cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsteele64289
Regular Visitor

Click Action Failing After Opening Pop-up

I'm working in PAD to automate clicking a button on a webpage, which opens a pop-up. The pop-up requires the user to click OK before proceeding. After exhausting the options for how to respond to a pop-up ("click OK", "do nothing", "close it"), I am still left with the click action failing despite me being able to tell the button was clicked. 

Is PAD not able to handle button clicks if the resulting pop-up window can't be resolved within the same action? I'm also not able to get these buttons to respond to "Click on image" actions, so I'm sort of at a loss on how to proceed.

9 REPLIES 9
MichaelBoruta
Resolver II
Resolver II

@jsteele64289 Try Send keys action >  Insert special keys and send {Return} key. Do not forget to make sure the browser window (pop-up) is focused.  Might work with the Pop-Up...

jsteele64289
Regular Visitor

Interesting turn of events:

The pop-up in question was actually a modal dialog box and it seems Power Automate couldn't recognize that the button was clicked. I had to set up error handling to Continue Flow Run on error, before I could deliver a click or a Return key to the dialog box.

Hope this saves someone else some time!

SynergiPartners
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue. When PAD clicks "Delete All," a pop-up dialog window is displayed that shows a question with two buttons--OK and Cancel. I chose the options, "wait for web page to load" and "if a pop-up dialog appears, do nothing." Nothing seems to be working. I've tried all options as well and even tried the Send Keys option, but it still errors on the Press Button on Web Page action. Any ideas? Thank you!

JKirby
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. I couldn't get pass this pop up. Send Key doesn't work because, it doesn't move to the next step for a Send Key to work. I have tried "Do nothing", "Close it", "Press a button", non of it worked or turning off ""Wait for page to load". None of it work.

JKirby_0-1644862113932.png

Does PAD error out when this happens?  Of PAD errors out, you could then say, On Error, go to subflow and have a subflow that is just send keys {Enter}

SynergiPartners
Regular Visitor

You're a total genius! Thank you so much! 🙂

JKirby
Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I used Wait for text on screen (OCR) and it worked.

jsteele64289
Regular Visitor

Thanks, guys, for continuing to come up with solutions for this!

Hi Michael,

I have a model pop-up where I need to drag and drop certain elements.

Initially, I used the recording to identify fields where drag and drop events are not captured.

PAD is not identifying elements inside the model pop up.

Moreover is there is a way in PAD to validate the selector .  I have even tried with customised CSS locator which also ended in vain. Could you please help me on this

issue.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,969)