Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ancorte
Helper II
Helper II

Closing a pop up whe appears

Hello,

i'm new at automate desktop.

I'm trying to automate an open of a page in a firefox., but i can't able to close the pop up (white area) that appears.

So i cant' click in the "area riservata" part of the web page and fill the form with the name and the password.

Thanks

Antonio

This is the link t

https://www.agenziaentrate.gov.it/index.htm?v=20210510 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yasunm02
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Try 'click link on webpage' and select 'x Chiudi' element. Also, web recorder gives you the right element.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
yasunm02
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Try 'click link on webpage' and select 'x Chiudi' element. Also, web recorder gives you the right element.

SynergiPartners
Regular Visitor

Hello!

I am having a major issue with this as well. I tried Press Button and Click Link, but neither work. The pop-up is part of Chrome or Windows, maybe. I can't get any activity to work. Are there any solutions for this? Thank you in advance!

Post the url if you can, its practically impossible to help as all windows / popups are different.

As mentioned above the recorder is pretty good for closing popups etc.

A screenshot or something would help.  Typically Send Keys {Enter} or {Tab}{Enter} will do the trick if it is a simple confirmation, certificate selection, or overwrite screen.

SynergiPartners
Regular Visitor

Here's a screenshot. I can't post the URL because it has PII on it. It's pretty crazy, actually. I have the process check if web page contains the Receive link. If so, it performs an action--specifically, it presses a button: Delete All. Then, a pop up is displayed--or maybe it's considered a pop over? At any rate, manually clicking "Enter" works, but the following do not work: Press Button, Click Link, Send Keys with Enter or Tab and Enter. Thank you for your help on this! I have to get over 10,000 records processed, and this would be so helpful if I could get it to work. 🙂

SynergiPartners_0-1644852045530.png

I am very surprised Send Keys {Enter} does not work.  You have to use the squiggly brackets on both sides.  But that "OK" is clearly identified as being selected.  You could also try {Space} as the spacebar is also a selection confirmation for some programs.

If you still can't get Send Keys to work, then you will have to resort to Move mouse to image (with left click).  Image based should be a last resort as it will cause problems if you try to change computers, resolution, or remote in.

Good luck!

SynergiPartners
Regular Visitor

Actually, it looks like the process is failing at "Press Button," so I've moved my inquiry to a related post. Thank you for all your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,675)