I am trying to automate an app running on Windows 10. When I attempt to record the app, no actions within the app are recorded. When I try to send keys to the app, no keys presses are received (and nor PA error thrown). When I try to create a UI element from items in the app, no red box appears on any controls or windows within the app. Attempting to set focus window and get window properties are not successful.
Can windows apps hide from Power Desktop?
If so, any workarounds?
If not, what am I messing up?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Hi @Whyman ,
I have few questions before we troubleshoot this issue.
1. How many screens are you using?
2. If more then 1, are you using the primary screen to pick the elements?
3. Are you 100% sure you're using Desktop recorder/ UI automation to pick the elements and not the Web recorder/Web Automation
1. Only a single main screen.
3. 100% sure. When the first failed I actually poked around the web version to see if that could trick it. No luck.
Moved over to a different laptop and the same script now works. Unfortunately I need to run it on my first PC.
Is there a Windows 10 security setting that could be causing this to happen?
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks
Check out how to claim yours today!
Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.