cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CABH09
Frequent Visitor

Data extraction from table with 'lazy load'

Hello everyone. 

I have come across a difficult task while working for a customer. The idea is to match records based on a variety of variables. This is not the difficult part. The difficult part is the loading of data into the grid. 

The backstory is that this task is to be performed in Dynamics 365 F&O. On here the data is kept in data grids, which by default is alright. The problem is that now all rows are loaded at once, which means that when my RPA extracts the data, it only extracts the 'visible' data. That is an issue. Loading is done when scrolling down. 

Does anyone have an idea as how to to load all data at once or make the RPA capable of scrolling and recognize newly loaded data? 

I know the solution of exporting to Excel and working from there, but that is not the desired solution. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Rkv_
Resolver II
Resolver II

@CABH09 
Use Focus Text filed on WebPage action to focus on last visible record. (Here you should capture the last visible record selector). The above will scroll the webpage to view next set of records. 
Similarly use the above action in a loop until the action fails, on error you should use go to label at outside of the loop.
So after scrolling to the last record you can use Extract Data from webpage action to read entire data.

CABH09
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Rkv_

Thank you for taking your time to come up with this suggested solution. I will definitely try this out and see if I can make it work. 

Have a nice weekend and thank you once again. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,486)