cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AL_stp
Regular Visitor

Desktop Flow not showing in web

I created a flow in PAD I'd like to schedule using a Cloud flow. However, my desktop flow does not show in the web version of Power Automate. I created the PAD flow with my work account, and I'm signed into the web version using my work account. How do I get the desktop flow to show up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If its not showing the environment and you have a Go Premium icon then its probably logged in with an Work or School account that doesn't have a per user license to Power Apps or a Per flow license. The office 365 seeded license isn't enough to call a Desktop flow.  That requires a premium license of some kind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Make sure your web editor is in the default Environment.  All Desktop Flows are stored in the default environment.  Do any flows show up under the Desktop Flows tab in the My Flows view?

Ahammad_Riyaz
Super User
Super User

Hi @AL_stp 

Check whether both environment are same or not in desktop and cloud as well.

Ahammad_Riyaz_0-1649309897521.pngAhammad_Riyaz_1-1649309941603.png

Regards

Ahammad Riyaz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I double checked the environments - they look to be the same. When I'm in PAD, the flow I created shows up in the My Flows view. The same flow does not show up in the web version, in the Desktop Flows tab.

I double checked and believe they're both in the same environment. However, my PAD doesn't actually show the environment - my view is not the same as yours. I don't actually see the environment listed in the gray bar. 

AL_stp_0-1649350627451.png

If its not showing the environment and you have a Go Premium icon then its probably logged in with an Work or School account that doesn't have a per user license to Power Apps or a Per flow license. The office 365 seeded license isn't enough to call a Desktop flow.  That requires a premium license of some kind.

Well darn, didn't realize I need another license to use it. Thank you for the information.

You don't need another license to use Desktop Flows. You do need another license to invoke a desktop flow from a cloud flow.

Markod
Regular Visitor

Hi All. I have a similar situ. We are changing Office accounts at work  and I am trying to transfer my decktop fows to my new Office 365 account and do not have the option to forward or share: 

Markod_0-1654746246478.png

If we Go Premium, will it allow me to transfer to new Office 365 account?

Cheers Mark

Going Premium won't change what account the Desktop flows are stored under.  The only way to transfer desktop flows would be to open each account in separate web browser and copy and paste the contents of each desktop flow.

To transfer/copy Desktop Flow to another TENANT check this.
It worked perfectly for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7iGvHAJp6c

mtrudel

For me too the Desktop Flow are not showing on the portal. They are only showing ON THE DESKTOP APP.
Seems normal
NO NO NO it is not a question of environment. I only have ONE default environement and they are the same on the APP and on the PORTAL.

I have a Office 365 E3 licence
On the APP I do have the icon at the top (Go Premium) so it seems that my E3 licence IS NOT PREMIUM and because of that I cannot see the Desktop flow on portal. IS THAT IT ?

What would be the benefit of SEEING the flows under "Desktop Flow" on the portal.
For now my flow are only tests not really deployed to anyone.
I can run the flows directly from the desktop APP. No problem there.
What would be the restriction if I want such flow to run unattended ? Need a pigger licence ?

Correct, an E3 license is not Premium.  A Premium license for Power Automate Desktop is a Power Automate per user license with RPA.

But if by Portal you mean Https://llow.microsoft.com then, you are correct that they only show now if you have a Premium license or start a trial.  Originally anyone with an Office 365 license could see the desktop flows stored in the default environment.  That is no longer the case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,379)